• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weaving the Web: Completing AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Run
4 4

220 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Just made first big purchase of 2018, book is shipped and I get the dreaded Canada Customs notification...

"Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing."

:pullhair:  :eek:  :wishluck: :wishluck:

What did you buy?

Book arrived safely from Canada Customs and Canada Post!  One more book off my personal Top 5 list. :banana:

Amazing Spider-Man #3 CGC 5.5 w/Off White Pages.  I was originally gunning for a 6.0 but this book seemed to epitomize "buy the book, not the grade". Personally, I think it has great eye appeal for the grade but I may be bias.

ASM 3 CGC 5.5.jpg

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Book arrived safely from Canada Customs and Canada Post!  One more book off my personal Top 5 list. :banana:

Amazing Spider-Man #3 CGC 5.5 w/Off White Pages.  I was originally gunning for a 6.0 but this book seemed to epitomize "buy the book, not the grade". Personally, I think it has great eye appeal for the grade but I may be bias.

ASM 3 CGC 5.5.jpg

Amazing! 

I have not updated in awhile as I have not purchased anything towards the run.

Normally I am not a big "variant hunter" but I "deviated" a little bit from only saving for older books and I picked up a few of the JSC ASM #800 covers.  These, in my opinion have been some of the first ones in awhile where I felt like he was not just "phoning them in" and well, I felt like "buying something" so it was kind of the perfect storm lol.

I picked up the MJ, Black Cat and Gwen covers.

I think this will have scratched the itch to pick up something and it is back to saving.  I have had some shows recently and solid ebay sales so it wasn't too big of a hit and another show coming up in a few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I picked up the MJ, Black Cat and Gwen covers.

I think this will have scratched the itch to pick up something and it is back to saving.  I have had some shows recently and solid ebay sales so it wasn't too big of a hit and another show coming up in a few weeks.

Pics or it didn't happen!

11 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Not released until May 30th but these are the covers..

Sorry - I misinterpreted "picked up". Man - that's some ironic foreshadowing on the Gwen cover! :eek:

I had started picking  up every variant for the current run then the 790's started and I couldn't justify spending the amount of money to keep up with them.  And normally I pick up all JSC covers but I couldn't justify that spend either $208 for 8 covers if my math is right thats almost or over 30 covers for #800 just right now lol. I only hope that some day I can spend the amount of money so of the collectors on here do for issues. But I am not gonna lie i am jealous you got my favorite ones congrats.

6 hours ago, Phillip said:

I had started picking  up every variant for the current run then the 790's started and I couldn't justify spending the amount of money to keep up with them.  And normally I pick up all JSC covers but I couldn't justify that spend either $208 for 8 covers if my math is right thats almost or over 30 covers for #800 just right now lol. I only hope that some day I can spend the amount of money so of the collectors on here do for issues. But I am not gonna lie i am jealous you got my favorite ones congrats.

The influx of variants has been crazy and I tend to stay away from them unless I can get like a 1:20/25 variant at cover through my LCS to focus on older books but these ones, I just had a bit of an itch to scratch and like I said, felt like JSC did not "call these ones in".

Now that I have these ordered, back to focusing on and saving for older books that I need for my ASM run. 

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/4602-weaving-the-web-building-a-complete-amazing-spider-man-run/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png

4 4