• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weaving the Web: Completing AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Run
4 4

220 posts in this topic

Recently picked this book up on eBay for a fair price (including shipping). Barring finding a really good deal, going to lay off buying any "common" books in the run to save towards a big key.

Regardless, still pleased with the new addition.

ASM%2044%20CGC%207%205_zpsyyankyen.jpg

Current ASM books still needed to complete the run:

#1 to #24

#27 - #32

#35 - #38

#40, #43, #45, #47, #48, #49

Edited by Wall-Crawler

It has been a few months since I have posted anything here but for good reason I think.

I picked up a big key from the ASM run that I would say is in my personal "Top 5" Spidey books that I have wanted for a long time now.

My new addition:

ASM%2014%20CGC%206%205_zpstogzcljn.jpg

:grin:

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I forgot to post this...Two weekends ago I acquired this as part of a larger pick...It was weird because the pick was all modern stuff, except for this. Presents pretty good for low grade. Most of the issues are along the spine and on the back cover (tear and gunk/stain of some sort) but all the pages are there and the central image presents pretty good I think, so it will make a perfectly fine "place holder" for now!

asm%2013_zpsulct36vc.jpg

Update - Current ASM's needed to complete the run:

#1 to #12

#15 - #24

#27 - #32

#35 - #38

#40, #43, #45, #47, #48, #49

38 total issues needed to complete the run...

My current personal "Top 5" key issues I want to go after are #1 (duh), #3 (1st Doc Ock), #6 (1st Lizard), #9 (1st Electro), #15 (1st Kraven).

The top "common" book on the list..ASM #45...I love the bright yellow cover with Spidey and Lizard...

You can't go wrong any book in your poll.

Thanks! I know I should "hold out" for a bigger book but I'm getting the itch to pick something new and shiny up...I already want to upgrade the #13 but left it out as I at least have one...

Part of me also wants to just "knock out" the #40's to get em done...

Decided to start slabbing a few of my personal copies raw copies "here and there". Might not continue the practice just as it takes $$$ away from getting new books I need...The colours on this one are bright and I did like the original clone stuff and I do miss Ben Reilly...

ASM%20149_zpsgwbpaevp.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I dig that 149 cover. Both Spideys and the Jackal. Also, regarding what issues to go after, and I don't have near a full run - I get an issue in my head and focus on it. The cover usually clicks with me. My current lowest issue is #10 ( posted about it in the PGM thread ). Good luck.

Edited by Spidey 62

I dig that 149 cover. Both Spideys and the Jackal. Also, regarding what issues to go after, and I don't have near a full run - I get an issue in my head and focus on it. The cover usually clicks with me. My current lowest issue is #10 ( posted about it in the PGM thread ). Good luck.

Thanks and good luck with your endeavor as well.

I have a *NEW* book to add to the run but it is stuck in customs right now :mad: hope to have it before Canada Post decides to strike or get locked out "for real" this time...

Going through a bit of buying withdrawal...Looking to make a buy soon...SO, here is a poll...

Thanks to the two people lol who voted - I listened to one of you!

I was able to pick this up for a very fair price. I feel like I now have the most important "Goblin" books, except for 1st Norman.

ASM%2040%20CGC%208%200_zps497wo30c.jpg

Update - Current ASM's needed to complete the run:

#1 to #12

#15 - #24

#27 - #32

#35 - #38

#43, #45, #47, #48, #49

37 total issues needed to complete the run...My goal is to pick up at least one more key from the list before the year is out.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Picked these up locally for a great price so while I thought I would just focus on keys, couldn't pass them up...

45_zps5qccdo7t.jpg

49_zpsdrlzmlpb.jpg

Updated - Current ASM's needed to complete the run:

#1 to #12

#15 - #24

#27 - #32

#35 - #38

#43, #47, #48

35 total issues needed to complete the run...

My goal is to now "finish" the 40's so if anyone has some nice presenting affordable #43, #47 and #48, hit me ;) up and I would like to still pick up at least one more key from the list before the year is out.

I like the Romita books a lot! Happy to see you making some progress. While I've paired down my run lately, I still pick up the upgrade. I just bought an ASM 12 in CGC7.5 that looks way nicer than the books surrounding it. :tonofbricks:

Many of the books listed won't break the bank in VG/F to VF!

Thanks! I always really liked the cover to #45 and originally wanted a higher graded CGC copy but this one presented itself to me at the right price and time so took it.

Yeah, for the "common books" I'm hoping to stay in the 6.0 range but as I get lower in the run that may have to change. I also want to just "finish up" the 40's now too.

I will be in a position to buy another big book soon but I am trying to decide whether to hold out for an even bigger book or better grade.

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Well, been a pretty good past week and half...

Another opportunity presented itself to get a Spidey book checked off my list. I was able to secure this book for second lowest GPA price paid based on the 12 month GPA average and only $15 CDN for shipping.

Truth be told, I would have preferred a slightly better copy but for the price, overall presentation and low shipping cost, I could not turn it down and I am happy with this copy.

ASM%2028%20CGC%206%205_zpsoqoiejs1.jpg

I also picked this up from the same seller for a very good price and it also shipped with the above book. This will be an upgrade from my current 9.4 and for the price I paid for the 9.6, once I sell my 9.4, I should be "even" so I should not be "out" anything for the slight upgrade.

ASM%20601%20CGC%209%206_zpsdu8fpkma.jpg

So, current ASM books needed to complete the run...

#1 to #12

#15 - #24

#27, #29 - #32

#35 - #38

#43, #47, #48

34 total issues needed to complete the run...

Slowly chipping away but I think I am making decent progress since I "committed" to completing the run but it is very hard not to buy some non-ASM Spidey book as there are still a few Marvel silver and bronze age keys I would like to own.

Well, thanks to a couple of very nice boardies, I have "closed out" the 40's. I now have #39 to present in a perfect run (excluding variants). I know I should have 'focussed' on getting keys but I just really wanted the 40's "done".

I now "only" have the Lee/Ditko books to chase. :grin:

Here are the latest acquisitions:

ASM%2043%20CGC%207%205_zpstecawao3.jpg

ASM%2047_zpsizerbdct.jpg

ASM%2048_zpsex1g4hz7.jpg

So, current ASM books needed to complete the run...

#1 to #13**

#15 - #24

#27, #29 - #32

#35 - #38

32 total issues needed to complete the run...

**Also another update soon but waiting on a couple of things first. There was a bit of a snafu with the ASM #13 I picked up as part of a bulk deal earlier, which is why I am no longer "counting" it.

I thought about not posting this, but wanted to share the good and the bad.

A few pages ago I posted a raw low grade copy of ASM #13 - 1st Mysterio that I got as part of a pick. I decided that it was a nice low grade copy and there was a Stan signing and thought the book might benefit.

Whoops.

ASM%2013%20CGC%204.5%20Resto_zpshl9ij8uy.jpg

This is my first time ever getting dinged with a resto book. Obviously I am disappointed but I am fortunate that I got this raw in a bulk deal and even with the mishap I am still very much in the black (profitable) from that deal.

This was not a dealer who I got the book from just a person who had some books and other collectibles and I doubt they even knew about the resto. Chalking this up to a learning experience and reinforces that for keys, I will definitely only buy graded copies.

I'm kind of disappointed that when the book was slabbed, there was a slight tear on the front cover and they slabbed it "dog eared" making it look like there is an actual chip missing when there is not.

However, with every step back, there are two steps forward...I hope to have a much more positive post very soon. ;)

Edited by Wall-Crawler

4 4