• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weaving the Web: Completing AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Run
4 4

220 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, piper said:

Regardless, I like your signature line.  I've been meaning to re-complete my ASM 1-50 run but keeping getting other books instead.  

That is something I have been doing well at...As much as other pretty books ping on my radar, I have not purchased any non-ASM books of any real value for some time now, unless they are for resale purposes.

There have been quite a few though...The top non-ASM key that I would like that would not break the bank in a decent grade is DD #1.

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

That is something I have been doing well at...As much as other pretty books ping on my radar, I have not purchased any non-ASM books of any real value for some time now, unless they are for resale purposes.

There have been quite a few though...The top non-ASM key that I would like that would not break the bank in a decent grade is DD #1.

DD1 has had a real nice runup recently. I think it counts as part of your ASM run as Spidey is on the cover.

I need the following ASMs:

22-27

14 hours ago, piper said:

DD1 has had a real nice runup recently. I think it counts as part of your ASM run as Spidey is on the cover.

I need the following ASMs:

22-27

Nice!  I have 29 books to go to your 20...AND you have #1 - #4! Pretty sweet.

Do you have an AF #15?  Pics of your ASM #1? :baiting: Always like seeing other peoples books.

1 minute ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Nice!  I have 29 books to go to your 20...AND you have #1 - #4! Pretty sweet.

Do you have an AF #15?  Pics of your ASM #1? :baiting: Always like seeing other peoples books.

Yes. Turn on your signatures. I'll try and post some pics today. :banana:

Here's some from my photobucket.  I need to work on my scanning and resizing skills.  I'll take some more, but it gives you a good idea of the grades for my early issues.  I have a few higher grade books which I'll take some pics of...

AF15-1.jpgIMG_0002.jpgASM2.jpgasm7cgc5.jpgasm13-1.jpg

ASM97FC.jpg

ASMAnn1-1.jpg

119b526e.jpg

Edited by piper

Niiiiice books!!!

Your AF #15 looks very nice for the grade and the sig placement on your ASM #1 is perfect!  Seeing your ASM #13 I think has convinced me to send mine away to get Stan to sign as I have an (relatively) local opportunity to do so, maybe one other but not sure...

I think ASM Annual #1 is sweet too. I have not been "including" the annuals in my run, nor the variants...

45 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Niiiiice books!!!

Your AF #15 looks very nice for the grade and the sig placement on your ASM #1 is perfect!  Seeing your ASM #13 I think has convinced me to send mine away to get Stan to sign as I have an (relatively) local opportunity to do so, maybe one other but not sure...

I think ASM Annual #1 is sweet too. I have not been "including" the annuals in my run, nor the variants...

I made an exception for Annual 1 and ST Annual 2.  I also think that every Spidey Collector should have the two spectacular magazines, and MTU 1.

14 hours ago, piper said:

I made an exception for Annual 1 and ST Annual 2.  I also think that every Spidey Collector should have the two spectacular magazines, and MTU 1.

The other one I am considering is Marvel Team Up #141 - I have a nice high grade raw copy but might want a CGC 9.6 for the all the first black costume/symbiote.

Looking for a CGC 7.5 to 8.5 copy of ASM #33 with at least off-white pages, nice wrap and no Marvel chipping.

I think an CGC 8.0 copy would be ideal though.

Yeah, yeah...I said I was done "upgrading" but I sold my raw copy so it won't be too big of a hit to my saving for a bigger key.

I always wanted a graded copy of this book anyway as it is one of my favourite covers and one of the great all time Spidey stories too.

On 2017-07-06 at 10:30 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

Looking for a CGC 7.5 to 8.5 copy of ASM #33 with at least off-white pages, nice wrap and no Marvel chipping.

I think an CGC 8.0 copy would be ideal though.

Yeah, yeah...I said I was done "upgrading" but I sold my raw copy so it won't be too big of a hit to my saving for a bigger key.

I always wanted a graded copy of this book anyway as it is one of my favourite covers and one of the great all time Spidey stories too.

Book is notorious for Marvel Chipping. I need to find a copy myself.

How's your saving going?

9 hours ago, piper said:

Book is notorious for Marvel Chipping. I need to find a copy myself.

How's your saving going?

I just didn't "like" my raw copy - Mostly, I did not like the wrap on the book.  I know, detracts again from getting books I don't have but I have actually wanted a nice looking graded copy for awhile and one of my fave stories (and covers), so it had to go so I could get a better, graded one.

Overall, saving is going well.  Sales are going well too...I am slowly coming around to being able to sell some non-ASM keys I have just kind of "holding onto".

Sidebar:  I recently had a "milestone" birthday and my family members wanted to get me something or contribute to something I would have for "awhile" so I *did* spend some money recently but it was kind of "free money" lol and took some of the pain out of me buying a book myself.

The book is an ASM book and I will post it once I have it in my grubby little paws.

I managed to snag one of my "Top 5" recently thanks to a boardie.  I am on vacation so can't use the scanner I usually do so this pic will have to suffice for now.  I am very pleased. Balances my price point vs appearance/grade nicely I think.

I know for some people they are not too fond of the cover, but I dig it.  Spidey front and centre, bad guy rushing at him and bold caption.  1st Kraven, 2nd Chameleon and first mention of MJ! I forgot about that. Another one down...

This is what is left to go:

AF #15 (la la land)

ASM #1 - #5, #7 - #12, #16 - #19, #21 - #24, #27, #29, #30, #32, #33, #35 - #38

...The quest continues...

Kraven 2.jpg

Current personal "Top 5" to get (excluding Amazing Fantasy #15)

ASM #1 - 3.0 to 4.0/4.5 

ASM #3 - 6.0 to 7.0

ASM #9 - 7.0 to 8.0

ASM #4 - 6.0 to 7.0

ASM #33 - 7.0 to 8.0 (new addition - I sold my raw copy b/c I did not like it all that much and I have wanted a nice graded copy for awhile)

I know it has been awhile since I posted a "real" update but truth is I have been saving $$$ for a "big" book.

However, this past week I had to travel to London, ON for work. So naturally, I looked up shops online and found where Forest City Coins was located.  Website is here: https://forestcitycoins.com/  I was impressed with the wide and interesting selection and how friendly the staff were.  Through conversation, I learned that the store is owned by @thirdgreenham

:whatthe:

Andy was great to talk to and I wish I had more time but had to meet colleagues for dinner. Andy gave me the "boardie price" :smile: on a nice presenting ASM #36 CGC 7.5 to help fill in my run!

59ea088fe129a_ASM36.thumb.jpg.44990d7104080cffe334a0e1283628dd.jpg

Thanks again Andy!

4 4