• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weaving the Web: Completing AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Run
4 4

220 posts in this topic

How are you going about picking which issues to buy? Since I have so many to go (100 or so), I work on one, 50 issue run at a time and look for the best deal rather than target specific issues which could be overpriced at the time I'm buying.

Right now, while not a big book, I am actively looking for a nice presenting #55 to complete the run from #50 to present.

I have made a few purchases since my post...Two books from Dale Robert's last sales thread that are on their way (one ASM and one Spidey mag I have wanted for awhile) and just last week, two early raw ASM's from a local dealer (in Canadian funds!) on time payment that I should have by the end of the month.

Non-keys looking for nice presenting and complete copies. Keys will be nice presenting graded copies or raw from respected dealers.

Basically, if I see a nice presenting book at a fair price and I have the funds available, I will try to snag it. However, once I knock off the ASM #55, I will be saving for another key ASM book.

...I'm also contemplating selling off some of my non-Spidey keys to get a big Spidey key, but can't quite bring myself to do it yet.

I did the same thing and had 2 - 425 at one time (ended up selling a bunch). I posted about it in another Spidey thread here and the high grade snobs ignored my post. So don't get discouraged, congrats, and best of luck.

Well, if no one reads/follows my meanderings here, I'm cool with that. Besides, I pretty much expect it to be ignored lol

Sidebar: I struggle with the fact my ASM #238 is 9.4 - I look at it and don't know why it is not a 9.6 - I have thought about upgrading but that .2 upgrade is $$$ out of my pocket for a different book...Sigh...

Well, if no one reads/follows my meanderings here, I'm cool with that. Besides, I pretty much expect it to be ignored lol

Sidebar: I struggle with the fact my ASM #238 is 9.4 - I look at it and don't know why it is not a 9.6 - I have thought about upgrading but that .2 upgrade is $$$ out of my pocket for a different book...Sigh...

Nice. ASM 238 is my only CGC red label. It's a 9.2 but I think I would keep it over a 9.4 because it is my only red label book. I had to upgrade to a slabbed copy. I thought I had a 9.2/4 raw but I bought it at a convention without opening it. When I looked at it when I got home there was a giant color breaking crease on the back cover where someone decided to fold the back cover as if to store it showing off the Tattooz insert that was included. Now I have two copies.

Edited by FN-2199

Nothing "major" but I just recently scooped this up on eBay for a pretty solid price so my quest to have from #50 to present is now complete (provided it arrives safe and sound :wishluck:)

asm%2055_zps43wxjltj.jpg

I know ASM #55 is not a "huge book" but now having from #50 to present does make me feel pretty happy and a minor collecting goal is now complete.

I now am in need of the following books:

#1 - #38

#43 - #45

#47 - #49

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I would buy the keys first. My mistake was waiting to the end to buy expensive books like 1, 3, 9, 14 & 15. In fact since I bought my ASM 1, the price has quadrupled.

Good luck!

I would buy the keys first. My mistake was waiting to the end to buy expensive books like 1, 3, 9, 14 & 15. In fact since I bought my ASM 1, the price has quadrupled.

Good luck!

Thank You!

Yes, my next buy, unless it is a "good deal" will likely be a Spdiey key...I have also always really liked ASM #13...I dig Mysterio...But would be stoked to own any of the ones you mentioned (obviously).

Another one off the list...Picked up this very nice presenting FN/FN+ book from Dale Robert's sales thread. I don't mind mid grade non keys when they look like this!

ASM%2034_zpsyp3reutw.jpg

While not an ASM book, I also picked this up from his sales thread...

Spectacular%20Spidey%20Mag%201_zpsi2d3r278.jpg

Current ASM books still needed to complete the run:

#1 to #25 (forgot I had low grade #26 already!)

#27 - #33

#35 - #38

#40, #43 - #45, #47 - #49

Just slowly keep picking away...

Knocked two more off the list...Picked these up for a fair price and in Canadian funds, no shipping either, which is always a bonus.

Amazing Spider-Man #25 - 1st MJ (cameo)

ASM%2025_zps3zfzpym2.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #33 - Classic story Note: I usually try to get books with better wraps than this but, like I said, the price was right and it was available in Canadian funds.

ASM%2033_zps6csogb7h.jpg

Current ASM books still needed to complete the run:

#1 to #24

#27 - #32

#35 - #38

#40, #43 - #45, #47 - #49

Also, I put a down payment on a pretty key ASM book, but will wait until I have it paid off and in my possession to "count".

Hey Man congrats! I completed my Spidey run with AF 15 a few years back and know what a massive undertaking it is. I am a difinite Spider-man junkie. I have a full run of every Spider-man series and working on all the mini series too. I have been working on all the variants for my asm run and I am down to my last few. Once you start its hard to stop!!

Keep on going! I salute you!

Hey Man congrats! I completed my Spidey run with AF 15 a few years back and know what a massive undertaking it is. I am a difinite Spider-man junkie. I have a full run of every Spider-man series and working on all the mini series too. I have been working on all the variants for my asm run and I am down to my last few. Once you start its hard to stop!!

Keep on going! I salute you!

That is impressive! I SALUTE you sir! Full run with AF #15...Gotta love that...Sigh, maybe ONE day...Thanks for the support!

I know it is not ASM but thought I would still share...I picked this out of a larger comic lot I bought back in October. Just glad how it came back.

SUPERIOR%20SPIDEY%2020%20CGC%209.8_zpsula9xzvg.jpg

Now I am debating keep or sell. UPDATE: I sold it. This was the Black Cat JSC Variant. It helped fund another book coming up...

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Very nice collection, Wall-Crawler!

I agree with this chap:

Good luck!

A smart idea to lock in the earlier, pricier books sooner than later if at all possible. The prices will continue to drift upwards, and your personal circumstances could change with time such that buying a big book can be trickier. You can always go back and fill in the gaps.

Cheers!

Very nice collection, Wall-Crawler!

I agree with this chap:

Good luck!

A smart idea to lock in the earlier, pricier books sooner than later if at all possible. The prices will continue to drift upwards, and your personal circumstances could change with time such that buying a big book can be trickier. You can always go back and fill in the gaps.

Cheers!

Thank You!

Yes, I agree with this...Except I just bought another "run filler" for a decent price on eBay...Will knock it off the list and post it here when I have it in hand...But yeah, I will be reigning it in for a key once this one arrives.

(thumbs u

In the end, we want the books we want and as long as it's fun you're doing it right. I put together a 1960s ASM run back in the day, and I certainly didn't have any rhyme or reason to how I went about it. But yeah, those early keys do get pricey!

(thumbs u

In the end, we want the books we want and as long as it's fun you're doing it right. I put together a 1960s ASM run back in the day, and I certainly didn't have any rhyme or reason to how I went about it. But yeah, those early keys do get pricey!

Some good eye appeal in your ASM run P5!

4 4