• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weaving the Web: Completing AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Run
4 4

220 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, piper said:

You’ll get it done!

I like to think so, otherwise, what is the point lol  It does feel a bit daunting with increasing prices of AF #15 and ASM #1 (more of the AF #15 obviously, I could buy a decent ASM #1 right now though)

I am selling more of my non ASM keys to help get me towards knocking off one of the big two and not really buying books for personal collection unless they are a good deal that I happen to stumble across, like the ASM #36...

My current personal "Top 5" (in order) are:

AF #15,

ASM #1, 

ASM #3 ,

ASM #9, and

my fifth spot is kind of "wide open"...Maybe ASM Annual #1 at the moment...

Nothing "major" but I picked this up for a fair price, I don't necessarily count annuals as part of the run, but it was in nice shape, I didn't have it so, I bought a little something to help tide me over

5a0e76834bb66_GSSM6.thumb.jpg.a5e3f8dfa2af2d58320339008b3a29d8.jpg

I have also been wanting an Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1 for awhile now, but wasn't able to find one for a price I wanted to pay, until now so I picked one up, still in shrink wrap too :smile:

5a0e76f47966c_ASMOmnibus.thumb.jpg.46c9730465fe2e4062f6c670fb77fb52.jpg

So, nothing "major" but just enough to scratch the itch that I had been having to pick up something Spidey related.  No current "big" purchases underway for ASM proper. Still saving or keeping eye open for "right book at right time".  Current personal Top Five remain the same...AF #15, ASM #1, ASM #3, ASM #9 and still not clear on what should round up Top 5...Suggestions?

On 11/17/2017 at 5:10 PM, piper said:

My picks would be Strange Tales Annual 2 or ASM Annual1.

Do you have a high grade 29 or 31?

I lean towards the ASM Annual #1 of the two to round up a Top 5 personal books to get...

No #29 but I do have a nice #31 (CGC 7.0)

I still need:

#1 - #5,

#7 - #12, #16 - #19, 

#21 - #24, #27, #29,

#30, #32, #35, #37, #38

No new purchases. Maybe I will sneak one in before the end of the year...

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Best of luck on finding a nice book before the end of the year. It's nice to see some other run collectors around. Especially in the golden age forum, it seems that everyone is about classic covers these days.

5 hours ago, AJD said:

Best of luck on finding a nice book before the end of the year. It's nice to see some other run collectors around. Especially in the golden age forum, it seems that everyone is about classic covers these days.

I have to admit there are times when I seriously question this and not just try to pick up other keys, cool covers, etc.  

Part of the goal though stemmed from the fact that when I got back into collecting and especially after I learned about CGC and the boards here,  I was "all over the place", I was getting a bit of everything (except GA). 

I arrived at a point where I felt my collecting needed a "focus".  I had a fairly sizable 'chunk' of ASM already completed and Spidey has been a fave of mine since my teens, I decided this would be a good route for me as a collector.  

Of course, I did not forsee the big bumps for AF #15 but it is what it is.

I still have a few keys other than ASM that I would like to have (DD #1 being the current top choice for non-ASM key and for some reason, I just really dig the 1st Deadman, go figure) but those will likely wait.

The "journey" so far has been fun and at times, frustrating.  Being picky about a mix for me between grade and eye appeal and price point, finding them in the first place, etc. 

The first Deadman is relatively inexpensive compared to the ASMs you are targeting! I think you can probably squeeze a copy in...

DD1 is a cool book. I’m glad I bought a copy when I did.  The run-up on this book has been huge.

Well, turns out I did make one more buy before the end of the year lol

I was cruising some sites and of course, happened to take a peak at Reece's Rare Comics site...I was happy to learn they are having a Black Friday to Cyber Monday sale.

"11/24: Sale ends tonight! Our annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is now in progress and lasts through 11:00PM EST Monday, November 27th. Discounts/free shipping available. If you're not on our newsletter please e-mail gregreece21774@yahoo.com to receive a copy and get all of the details." 

A quick exchange with @alexgreece and another one off the list for a super fair price. Some may recall I had a raw copy that I really was not happy with so I sold it but I have been having a bit of difficulty replacing it due to what I see as some jacking the price what I can only assume is because of that scene in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Problem rectified!  While not a "mega" key, I consider it one of the true highlights of  the Lee/Ditko ASM run in terms of story and art.  Hopefully the shipping/customs gods cooperate and it arrives safely.

ASM 33 CGC 8.5.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

On November 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Well, turns out I did make one more buy before the end of the year lol

I was cruising some sites and of course, happened to take a peak at Reece's Rare Comics site...I was happy to learn they are having a Black Friday to Cyber Monday sale.

"11/24: Sale ends tonight! Our annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is now in progress and lasts through 11:00PM EST Monday, November 27th. Discounts/free shipping available. If you're not on our newsletter please e-mail gregreece21774@yahoo.com to receive a copy and get all of the details." 

A quick exchange with @alexgreece and another one off the list for a super fair price. Some may recall I had a raw copy that I really was not happy with so I sold it but I have been having a bit of difficulty replacing it due to what I see as some jacking the price what I can only assume is because of that scene in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Problem rectified!  While not a "mega" key, I consider it one of the true highlights of  the Lee/Ditko ASM run in terms of story and art.  Hopefully the shipping/customs gods cooperate and it arrives safely.

ASM 33 CGC 8.5.jpg

I think this IS a mega key. Probably one of Ditko's best. Grats on the pick up, it looks nice.

As a collector of Action Comics, I must say that I am envious of you Marvel and Spidy fans. While completing a Spider-Man run is expensive, it is a goal that can be completed. Completing a run of Action Comics, not so much...

Best of luck on your journey and congratulations on your recent submissions. 

I now need...

AF #15

ASM #1 - #5, #7 - #12, #16 - #19, #21 - #24, #27, #29, #30, #32, #35, #38

Also, my lovely wife got me this (along with a few other things) for Christmas...Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Omnibus!

asm omni 2.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

3 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I now need...

AF #15

ASM #2 - #5, #7 - #12, #16 - #19, #21 - #24, #27, #29, #30, #32, #35, #38

Also, my lovely wife got me this (along with a few other things) for Christmas...Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Omnibus!

asm omni 2.jpg

Some great reading in Volume 2!

22 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Great reading and interesting thread (worship)

Thanks very much! Always nice to know people are reading! 

Made an error earlier, need the following still:

AF #15

ASM #1 - #5, #7 - #12, #16 - #19, #21 - #24, #27, #29, #30, #32, #35, #38

Edited by Wall-Crawler

4 4