• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NM98 CGC 9.8 post movie pricing

NM98 post movie pricing  

480 members have voted

1. 1. NM98 post movie pricing

125 posts in this topic

I don`t know where it will eventually be priced,but after the movie NM #98 will always be considered a blue chip comic book to own similar to Incredible Hulk #181 and ASM #129.

Yep, I know there are tons of copies,but the demand is off the charts.

Plus, we know that they will make at least one or two more Deadpool movies which will keep the Deadpool machine going.

There are a lot of CGC 9.8 New Mutants #98... nearly 2,000 in universal blue labels. If there are 2,000 owners, each having 1 copy, who go see the Deadpool movie... it will make about $20,000 at the box office.

The other hundreds of millions of box office dollars will be from people who see the Deadpool movie, but they can't have a CGC 9.8 New Mutants #98. Because there won't be enough. So, if Deadpool makes $200,000,000 domestic... that's 20,000,000 tickets sold. For every 10,000 tickets sold, there is currently one copy of CGC 9.8 New Mutants #98.

What happens if 2 people for each of those 10,000 tickets want to own a copy?

Seems there is a steady supply of copies available at all times to meet demand even in 9.8 for NM 98. Right now between ebay and the other comic selling sites not to mention the boards here there are probably 75 - 100 9.8's for sale.

If the movie comes and they disappear within a week I would be very surprised.

Seems there is a steady supply of copies available at all times to meet demand even in 9.8 for NM 98. Right now between ebay and the other comic selling sites not to mention the boards here there are probably 75 - 100 9.8's for sale.

+1

If anything by the time the movie comes out there'll be 200 9.8's for sale. It's the flood of people cashing out of a book once a.movie or TV show comes out that causes prices of books to decrease/plummet.

As someone pointed out earlier the only exception to this rule seems to be Walking Dead 1.

-J.

+1

If anything by the time the movie comes out there'll be 200 9.8's for sale. It's the flood of people cashing out of a book once a.movie or TV show comes out that causes prices of books to decrease/plummet.

As someone pointed out earlier the only exception to this rule seems to be Walking Dead 1.

-J.

As long as Deadpool remains relevant, be it movies, comics, toys, video games etc, NM98 will have a $600-700 floor. Probably stay in the range it is now, with minor fluctuations.

Walking Dead is the tough one. When the show ends, and the comic winds down, what happens?

I know that I wouldn't want to have to try and sell a 9.8 for $2k 10 years after the show ended.

+1

-J.

As long as Deadpool remains relevant, be it movies, comics, toys, video games etc, NM98 will have a $600-700 floor. Probably stay in the range it is now, with minor fluctuations.

Walking Dead is the tough one. When the show ends, and the comic winds down, what happens?

I know that I wouldnbint to have to try and sell a 9.8 for $2k 10 years after the show ended.

Kirkman has said on multiple occasions that the comic will go on long after the show ends.

And even when the show eventually does end, look for movies and spin offs. Walking Dead as a title is a bona fide institution now.

Deadpool has the spotlight now. But unfortunately he's being speculated on because of the movie. I agree that $700 is probably the floor regardless of how many copies hit the census though. But even that is 30% below its peak movie hype price .

-J.

"Borrowed" these pics from the "Garage Sale Find" CG thread.

and... ? (shrug)

We already know (roughly) how many were printed and that the issue is from an era of minimal attrition.

And it was a funny picture so I thought I would share. :shrug:

We know all you do is go around and troll posts to pick fights, yet you still post. And?

I don`t know where it will eventually be priced,but after the movie NM #98 will always be considered a blue chip comic book to own similar to Incredible Hulk #181 and ASM #129.

Yep, I know there are tons of copies,but the demand is off the charts.

Plus, we know that they will make at least one or two more Deadpool movies which will keep the Deadpool machine going.

Agreed whole heartedly. NM 98 is as blue chip as any copper book.

Agreed whole heartedly. NM 98 is as blue chip as any copper book.

We should wait until a comic is 25 years old before declaring it "blue chip".

That won't happen for NM 98 until February 2016. :preach:

It turned 25 months ago. :baiting:

and... ? (shrug)

We already know (roughly) how many were printed and that the issue is from an era of minimal attrition.

Yes, hilarious. I laughed so hard when I saw them I almost fell out of my chair.

If you think those pics are funny you should check out G.A.tor's convention reports.

We know all you do is go around and troll posts to pick fights, yet you still post. And?

:eyeroll:

and... ? (shrug)

So my picture is funny to you? Funny? Funny how? :sumo:

and... ? (shrug)

You amuse me :eek:

and... ? (shrug)

yqsvy.jpg