• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butt Hurt

90 posts in this topic

I don't know whether it's been noted before or not, but Comiclink's terms and condition has a phrase similar to Heritage's, but with one big diference:

Regardless of the disclosure of his identity, any bid by a consignor or his agent on a lot consigned by him is deemed not to be made in “Good Faith.” Emphasis added.

You think the HA article 15 just has a typo?

I don't know whether it's been noted before or not, but Comiclink's terms and condition has a phrase similar to Heritage's, but with one big diference:

Regardless of the disclosure of his identity, any bid by a consignor or his agent on a lot consigned by him is deemed not to be made in “Good Faith.” Emphasis added.

:o

Yes Clink use the combination of "not" and "good faith" twice in the same set of terms. So theirs is certainly correct.

See Condition 9 at this link :

http://www.comiclink.com/TermsConditionsBuying.asp

Early nite. G'nite zzz

Well, this has been an educational thread. Count me among the buyers who missed the fine print that consigners were allowed to bid on their own items, which results in either (1) driving up the price, or (2) registering a bogus sale that creates a new, false benchmark value not only for that item but for similar items. I'll certainly consider that going forward.

Bear in mind that a bid deemed not in good faith is not the same as saying it will be automatically disqualified. CL still has the discretion to accept it, although, if later challenged, CL might be expected to explain why it exercised its discretion if it did. 

On 2/16/2020 at 7:28 AM, exitmusicblue said:

And yes, I left out the prequels... just who do you think I am?

Kidding.

The Phantom Butt Hutt

Attack of the Butt Hurt

Revenge of the Butt Hurt

Butthole-o: A Butt Hurt Story

Wait... what are we talking about????

Edited by John E.