• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butt Hurt

90 posts in this topic

In reading through the MB drama I was reminded of our last self-proclaimed shiller in the comics sales forum, Hustruck, and I couldn't but help feeling a bit sorry for him, and thinking if only he had chosen to sell art instead of slabs, he might have avoided the HOS.

Hustruck's other failing, of course, was that he wasn't sitting on millions of dollars of slabs that everyone was desperate to get....that didn't help him either.

In reading through the MB drama I was reminded of our last self-proclaimed shiller in the comics sales forum, Hustruck, and I couldn't but help feeling a bit sorry for him, and thinking if only he had chosen to sell art instead of slabs, he might have avoided the HOS.

Hustruck's other failing, of course, was that he wasn't sitting on millions of dollars of slabs that everyone was desperate to get....that didn't help him either.

Exactly my feelings

There are people that are going to excuse this... Now what are their reasons ?

1 - one group will support him to win favor

2 - another group will support him in an effort to downplay how bad this is in an effort to rationalize the price that they paid for art

3 - another group will support him in an effort to downplay this so they can dump a few things before the POSSIBLE - market adjustment

No matter what anyone wants to convince you. Your "things" are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. If you remove the shill bidding that got you to pay for your stuff at whatever price you paid, then you are looking at a substantial loss as there will be no shill bidders helping you along when you go to sell.

and let's not forget . . .

4. Bidding by the consignor or his agents is permitted within the auction houses "February 2016 Signature" T & A

Is that policy, assuming it is as simple and unqualified as you present it, applicable to all of HA's auctions?

Yes. Look at the T&A.

So you are saying that all of HA's auctions can be shilled, yes?

It's been that way as long as I can remember. Pretty much anything goes. That could be the new moto for Heritage. Hell, could have been their moto all along for that matter.