• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

23 posts in this topic

I know people hate it when anyone says this ... but I'm surprised this is still here. Solid book with nice pq and no Marvel chipping.

Agree...but I'm MORE surprised that the Tec#225 is still here!

Just an insanely hot book and key GA Actions are very hot right now. Doubt this sells, but what the heck...

Action Comics #23 CGC 3.0 CR/OW

$10,995

Action23.30_zpsqsqmscne.jpg

Action23.30bc_zps8gxmg1d6.jpg

Great, GREAT book! ...and it seems to be calling me since my name is Nick as well... hm

Someday! :cloud9:

Just an insanely hot book and key GA Actions are very hot right now. Doubt this sells, but what the heck...

Why would you say that ? (shrug)

Because many collectors run to GPA and there's little to no recent data on this book to reflect the price. But there have been a few private sales over the last year that would make people more comfortable with the price if they were public. I would not have amassed the collection I have if I only went by GPA, I use it as a guide, but others may differ.

If I were collecting Actions I'd buy this book in a heartbeat. You just don't see it come up that often.

$10,995

Great, GREAT book! ...and it seems to be calling me since my name is Nick as well... hm

Unconfirmed fun fact on this book - a quick Google search indicates that Nick was very likely the original owner who bought the book off of the stands and stamped the book to confirm ownership.

According to my quick Google search there is a Nick J Ponos who is 93 and lives in North Carolina.

You're spot on. Unfortunately, he has since passed away. He definitely bought the book off the stands here in NC. I had the pleasure of meeting his son a couple years back. Great guy who had a lot of respect for his Dad's collectibles.

$10,995

Unconfirmed fun fact on this book - a quick Google search indicates that Nick was very likely the original owner who bought the book off of the stands and stamped the book to confirm ownership.

According to my quick Google search there is a Nick J Ponos who is 93 and lives in North Carolina.

You're spot on. Unfortunately, he has since passed away. He definitely bought the book of the stands here in NC. I had the pleasure of meeting his son a couple years back. Great guy who had a lot of respect for his Dad's collectibles.

cool book David. I wonder what other books Nick had bought off the stands in NC?