• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,027 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Because why have only one 181, when you can (now) have three?  Although the 7.5 is the only one currently in my physical possession - the 8.0 is in good hands trying to better itself, and ComicLink was threatening to baseball bat my knees if I didn't pay up for the 9.0, at least until I explained that I previously arranged putting two books in the current auction to offset the cost, then would pay the difference.  (thumbsu

Got this one off eBay, under current FMV too :bigsmile:

s-l1600.jpg

Wonder if centering issues are unique to this particular book or is it just me? I've only seen maybe 2 IH 181s that are perfectly centered.

Congratulations on the books though! That book is a treasure no matter what centering or condition!

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

Wonder if centering issues are unique to this particular book or is it just me? I've only seen maybe 2 IH 181s that are perfectly centered.

Congratulations on the books though! That book is a treasure no matter what centering or condition!

Not unique to 181, it actually seems to be a pretty common occurrence on Bronze Age books.  With 181, I tend to gauge my interest in copies by how thick the white stripe is and how straight it runs down the cover.  My 8.0 looks very similar to this one, but my 9.0's is slightly askew.  But the 9.0 has white pages, so give and take.  You're right though, its really rare to see a perfectly cut copy of 181, even on the 9.6 & 9.8 copies.  

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Random LCS pick-up anyone? :) Anyway, today is a good day for White Pages and all that ^^

Adventure comics #266 first appearance of Aquagirl.jpg

I'm out of likes so :applause: bravo

4 hours ago, Shinwar said:

(worship) Great book, Venom Black Error Variant ! It looks so good with the old Red Label, PLEASE don't get it reslabbed. I think the Red Label, adds value and I would not chance the possibility of a mishap with reslabbing.  9.6, in an old label is a great grade. Unless you absolutely see a pressable defect that is holding it to 9.6 don't get it pressed, especially if it's a keeper. I cannot imagine popping the staple from a press. Respect the integrity of the book in it's pure, original state. 

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

(worship) Great book, Venom Black Error Variant ! It looks so good with the old Red Label, PLEASE don't get it reslabbed. I think the Red Label, adds value and I would not chance the possibility of a mishap with reslabbing.  9.6, in an old label is a great grade. Unless you absolutely see a pressable defect that is holding it to 9.6 don't get it pressed, especially if it's a keeper. I cannot imagine popping the staple from a press. Respect the integrity of the book in it's pure, original state. 

you have a good point. Plus there was no pressing back then and grading was much more strict.

4 hours ago, Shinwar said:

Overjoyed to finally add Venom Lethal Protector #1 Black Error cover to my PC! Next just have to reslab with current slab and label.

27023770_2039930696022715_4466263622695256064_n.jpg

I think the old label is super cool,never see those anymore.