• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Is that way way off the fair price for it with a detached staple?

no lol I guess haha! Your such a glass half full kind of person :) 

I just might have reconsidered getting it is all. BUT it's not the end of the world :foryou:......(thumbsu

A detached staple just makes it hard for a "reader" copy to stay in decent shape, but since I read it already, it is filed away. I should probably go put a label on the mylar to remind me of the detached staple so that I'm careful with it next time I take it out....edit: done and done ;) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, F For Fake said:

If you have an Ollie's in your area, and you like D.C. Tpb's, run, don't walk! They've got an $11 million buyout of D.C. backstock, and the prices are nice. Most of the trades are $2.99 or $3.99 (with a smattering of $1.99), hardcovers for $3.99, and archives for $6.99. Can't beat that with a bat, especially those enormous Showcase trades for $3, that's a lot of great reading!

Thanks for the tip. Never heard of Ollie's before seeing this post. Went to Buffalo on Saturday and picked up all these for under $100.

IMG_8860.thumb.JPG.4a893afab2d7400c856fbca8f0cbf7a4.JPG

On 1/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, F For Fake said:

If you have an Ollie's in your area, and you like D.C. Tpb's, run, don't walk! They've got an $11 million buyout of D.C. backstock, and the prices are nice. Most of the trades are $2.99 or $3.99 (with a smattering of $1.99), hardcovers for $3.99, and archives for $6.99. Can't beat that with a bat, especially those enormous Showcase trades for $3, that's a lot of great reading!

IMG_4645.JPG

I didn't get quite as much stuff from Ollie's, but a nice haul either way. The staff said to stop in again next week, they should be getting another truckload.

Ollies.thumb.jpg.69e6f00b2150e9f3892a58017e00560c.jpg

I have wanted to upgrade from my 9.6 copy of this first printing for some time (only 800 copies made in 1981), but the sale prices were higher than I was willing to go. So when I saw this really nice raw copy online, I decided to give it a shot. This cover from Los Bros Hernandez represents one of the first Indy/Alternative comics of the early 80's and will be a very welcome addition to my collection.

Love and Rockets 1 98.jpg

22 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Very hard to find in high grade.

I noticed that silver & bronze iron man & hulks to some extent are very low census on all grades. Is this because people just haven't submitted as many of those for grading or marvel didn't print as many?