• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

I haven't read comics regularly in years, but with most of these just $2.99 each, decided to jump on Ollies' DC Showcase bandwagon.  (A few also came from hamiltonbook.com.)  I'm from Ollies' home turf and visited 8 stores so far, but in reading this thread and searching the web am seeing there's still lots of variation in what shows up where.  Planning to hit one more store next weekend.

showcase.jpg.24c1f91ff1bcab9b554dc9cb4b9c2ec5.jpg

A brief question?  Does anybody sell phone book-sized storage bags???

3 minutes ago, thetao said:

I haven't read comics regularly in years, but with most of these just $2.99 each, decided to jump on Ollies' DC Showcase bandwagon.  (A few also came from hamiltonbook.com.)  I'm from Ollies' home turf and visited 8 stores so far, but in reading this thread and searching the web am seeing there's still lots of variation in what shows up where.  Planning to hit one more store next weekend.

Impressive. I like the bugging out guy on the Superman Family one. 

I myself was busy and could not get out at lunch today to go to the Ollies near me. This could be the makings of a great Secret Santa/Raffle gift for next year. :idea:

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yes, they're a great spot for books! Of course, as a closeout/buyout store, their stock can vary wildly, but they get a lot of bestsellers, artbooks, etc. For instance, I haven't paid more than $3.99 for a new first edition Stephen King hardcover in three or four years, and if you dig enough, you can usually find a copy without remainder marks. Well worth the hunt.

I drove an hour away to an Ollie's I hadn't been to before this Saturday, because apparently I have too much free time. This is my latest haul. Also, it's worth signing up for their rewards program, which is free. I'd spent enough recently to get a 10% off coupon, which I used to get this whole stack of books for $119. Good luck everyone!

Photo Feb 10, 8 50 49 PM.jpg

Wow, nice pick up! I wish my store had those MAD Archives. I definitely would have scooped up one or two or those. 

8 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

I enlisted today, 15% off next visit I think. Only picked up a few things this trip, but I think the best find is this hardcover Batman Unwrapped. It is a collection of 7 years of Kubert work on Batman, all re-printed from the original pencil drawings. 

buffy.thumb.jpg.31cdb365e215bb2c043438511685ef76.jpg

kubert.thumb.jpg.ef933c3e9e278e22b3a1344cf143176e.jpg

Yeah, those Batman unwrapped books are nice. My location had both the Daniels and Kubert version. Picked up both copies. I'm definitely feeling much better today so I think I am over the worst of this flu. Will likely head back to my local store and check out the other 2 stores in my area either tomorrow or first thing Wednesday morning. Just so exciting when you can find killer deals like this on quality merchandise. 

Wow, now that is a nice haul. My location didn't have most of those titles. This will just motivate me to check out the other 2 Ollie's in my area that much more. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

12 minutes ago, Shinwar said:

Mail Call!! 
Just scored another Venom Lethal Protector #1 Black Error Cover 9.6!!!! 1f60d.png?1f60d.png?1f60d.png?

You might want to crop that slabs picture so just the book is showing. :gossip:

Cool book! Congratulations 

Edited by nepatkm
Remove picture

Here’s my haul this week:

5A801707-A502-4636-A673-B13B76EC03A8.thumb.jpeg.f9ee4f48e76bec96507703e172fa6bcf.jpeg

From in stock trades I picked up the Deadpool by Daniel Way Omnibus and Red Hood Arsenal vol 1 tpb. 

Then from a Facebook group I nabbed the homage variant for Metal 4 by Mattina. Didn’t wanna buy the whole set just for this one so I’m glad I found it by itself for $20.

Finally: I am becoming a slight hoarder of Weird magazine vol 3 no 5. This is my 3rd copy. It’s a rarer mag and I hardly ever see them for sale but have nabbed a couple cheapies on the bay recently. It’s literally one of my favorite covers ever. 

14 hours ago, thetao said:

Nice! I haven't spotted Ghosts, Batgirl, Superman Family or Atom around here, yet. Good to know that there are some different titles floating around out there. I've picked up about 30 of these Showcase tpbs now, it's an addiction!

12 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Nice! I haven't spotted Ghosts, Batgirl, Superman Family or Atom around here, yet. Good to know that there are some different titles floating around out there. I've picked up about 30 of these Showcase tpbs now, it's an addiction!

Yes, at $3 each, it's hard to refuse.  I'm looking for more of their horror/suspense titles, but so far found only Ghosts.  BTW, Superman Family, Hawkman 2, and Metal Men 2 came from hamiltonbook.com for just a bit more.

13 hours ago, thetao said:

Yes, at $3 each, it's hard to refuse.  I'm looking for more of their horror/suspense titles, but so far found only Ghosts.  BTW, Superman Family, Hawkman 2, and Metal Men 2 came from hamiltonbook.com for just a bit more.

Cool, I'll check it out, thanks!

Update: Wow, some nice prices on Showcase ($1.95 for Superman Family vol 4) and LOTS of Archives for about $10. Nice, thanks again!

Second update: Geez, $150 later, I've got a big box of archives heading my way. Thanks again for the heads up, I can't pass up those golden age archives for $8-$10, and Sugar and Spike for $15! Thank/curse you!

Edited by F For Fake