• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
47 47

60,964 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thank you eBay coupon!

20180312_134829.jpg

Congrats man! Nice work. I'm on my way to completing the trilogy. Should be roughly couple of months.

I'm still waiting for my coupon book. It's a bronze ASM I got to continue the story line from another subsequent issue I already have

5 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Picked up a few sketchbooks that have been high on my want list for some time!

IMG_8377.1.thumb.jpg.47afd13b8d556bbdf2c2beef4e1a1505.jpg

IMG_8376.1.thumb.jpg.c14e527d401b254c0e974667257b7299.jpg

IMG_8374.1.thumb.jpg.703913bdcfa73cfd89b32f1e22a390d9.jpg

IMG_8373.1.thumb.jpg.1534bc06c8037b5ea37a22246fc9b756.jpg

IMG_8370.1.thumb.jpg.12fe3f0f4c028be862e4d1c791577bd8.jpg

I've always thought Silke was underappreciated. Cool stuff!

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I've always thought Silke was underappreciated. Cool stuff!

Agreed! Have been a big fan of Silke for a long time now. Just a great artist all the way around!

Just a couple of acquisitions this week. Got a hold of a 1st printing of Cover-Up Lowdown by Paul Mavrides and Jay Kinney. More significantly, I got a copy of a French language 49 minute animated DVD by Moebius called Arzak Rhapsody. On the DVD case, it mentions some kind of award it received in 2004. I couldn't find much info on it. If anyone knows the actual date of origin(or any further info) of this rare gem, please let me know. This was the only copy I could find on the internet.

15210784206741425954238.jpg

152107856150858618558.jpg

I sent this book out in July to get signed at SDCC and just got it back today.  This was the first batch of books I sent out and I've learned A LOT since then.  In fact, when I found out the book was still being held, I nearly called up the facilitator to ask if I could cancel and get a refund, but that hardly seemed fair so I let it go.  Needless to say, the book came back as I expected and I will always carry the shame of wasting money subbing a less than minty fresh modern book.  But I guess that's how you learn.

But, on the flipside, it's the only 6.0 s/s copy of ASM#299 on census which should qualify me for the ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS thread right?  :roflmao:

IMG_8014.thumb.JPG.802775e808245472484fbbb618c5baa5.JPG

Edited by ExNihilo
updated verbage

8 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Picked up a nice batch of original art and lithographs/prints from a collector's estate today...17 pages from Blue Beetle 8&9 (Copper Age, Paris Cullins and Bruce Patterson) and Teen Titans Spotlight 12 (Ernie Colon and Romeo Tanghal), plus 3 hand-signed numbered Neal Adams prints from the '70s, a Roy Richardson Aliens numbered print, and two still-sealed portfolios, P. Craig Russell and Jim Lee's Punisher/Wolverine "Bad Night for the Ninjas."

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Awesome! I always think it's so cool to find original art in the wild like that, instead of the usual auction houses and dealers. You just never know what is lurking in private collections. Very cool!

15 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Awesome! I always think it's so cool to find original art in the wild like that, instead of the usual auction houses and dealers. You just never know what is lurking in private collections. Very cool!

Thank you! I was pretty excited to come across it. I loved that Blue Beetle series growing up; will select a fave or two and share the rest, though my "or two" keepers probably winds up being more than two. All three Wonder Girl pages are pretty cool action sequences. And the Adams lithos are from pencils; I could stare at them all day and keep finding stuff. I see why they made these; his uninked work up close is breath-taking. 

17 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I personally consider estate sales the last true places where you can get amazing deals, which is why my wife and I hit up as many as possible. Regular auctions, be it online or at an auction house, are very difficult to get great deals at.