• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,046 posts in this topic

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

OAAW 27 - one of my favorites !

It IS a cool cover...haven't read it yet...the guy I traded with for it needed a few bronze books for a customer, and I wanted to give him what he could sell since he broke down and finally sold me the Cap 12. So I saw this in the corner of the showcase and realized it was about the least common thing in there, so why not pick it? 

When to a local convention and picked these  comicsup... not sure if I got good deals but I enjoyed the afternoon.

Marvel Spotlight 32 Spiderwoman  graded 9.0 -35 bucks

Batman 457 (first tim drake)  000 version, 1st print + Batman Return of the Dark Knight  (first print NM)  -20 bucks

The New Mutants Graphic Novel (big crease at bottom  VF but first print)  + Web of Spiderman 1 -30 bucks

Superman 677 was free , it says variant but don't know anything about it.

Screen shot 2017-08-19 at 1.31.14 PM.png

Edited by Wolverinex

IMG_4661.JPG

Found the New Mutants in the Flea Market for $1 (low grade tier).
The Silver Surfer was found at a local shop for $1 (mid to high grade tier).

IMG_4662.JPG

Bought both of these at my main local shop for cover price.

IMG_4663.JPG

Paid $15 for the Superman Platinum Edition.
And $1 for the Harbinger #1 (coupon is still intact and its a high grade copy want to CGC it).

Peace everyone!

Edited by D-Optimist

It's not a key...... not worth tons of money ..... but I've wanted a nice copy for a while. I hemmed and hawed over Mike's copy that he had in his Mixed Ages Thread for too long and someone else got it. This one is from eBay.... a seller called Shattered Comics who ships VERY fast and delivers what they claim. I've been a dinosaur freak since the 60's and an Atomic Knights fan for almost as long and don't think I'll be selling this book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

jmGCcWM.jpg

I'm actually quite disappointed  in myself for buying this issue, i could have returned it but it was my fault.....

like almost all early issues, #17 is probably near non-existent in higher grades and so i need this issue and i bought this off eBay 

although it is structurally nice, probably mailing creased 4.0 or so , i did not scrutinize the scans as close as i should have and overlooked the washed out top half of the cover which should be deep blue,... not grey.

there was another thread recently about the phenomenon of 1950 DC, comic ink blues turning grey over time due to sunlight or other factors .. as it was not the sellers fault as the scan was an accurate picture. i will keep this and look for a nicer issue if it ever comes along

DSCN3604 - Edited.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, 1950's war comics said:

I'm actually quite disappointed  in myself for buying this issue, i could have returned it but it was my fault.....

like almost all early issues, #17 is probably near non-existent in higher grades and so i need this issue and i bought this off eBay 

although it is structurally nice, probably mailing creased 4.0 or so , i did not scrutinize the scans as close as i should have and overlooked the washed out top half of the cover which should be deep blue,... not grey.

there was another thread recently about the phenomenon of 1950 DC, comic ink blues turning grey over time due to sunlight or other factors .. as it was not the sellers fault as the scan was an accurate picture. i will keep this and look for a nicer issue if it ever comes along

DSCN3604 - Edited.jpg

S & S has got to be one of the toughest runs to find in anything higher that 5.0