• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,044 posts in this topic

I got this Congo Bill #6 this week and I'm having a little trouble deciding whether to keep it. The condition is great and the price was right but the cover colors are off. The thatch roof behind the title and tree (or is it another thatch roof?) above the ape with the camera are dark green on other copies I have seen. On this cover they are brown. And, the camera that the ape is holding is black and dark blue on other copies I have seen. On this cover it is black and lavender. I do not know if this is a printing error or fading. There are no other signs of fading. Please share your insight with me.

Congo Bill 6160.jpg

4 hours ago, ParkRaven said:

I got this Congo Bill #6 this week and I'm having a little trouble deciding whether to keep it. The condition is great and the price was right but the cover colors are off. The thatch roof behind the title and tree (or is it another thatch roof?) above the ape with the camera are dark green on other copies I have seen. On this cover they are brown. And, the camera that the ape is holding is black and dark blue on other copies I have seen. On this cover it is black and lavender. I do not know if this is a printing error or fading. There are no other signs of fading. Please share your insight with me.

Congo Bill 6160.jpg

Fading , there was recently an excellent article on these boards about 1950's DC comics fading, usually blues turned into grey.....

Still a real nice comic ! i like obscure short runs and may go for this series someday.......

On 9/17/2017 at 12:46 PM, 1950's war comics said:

@ParkRaven the thread is in the Silver age section , i just bumped it , it is interesting how DC comics faded in the 1950's

Different shades on comic covers

Started by BoomCity, December 3, 2015

Thank you. This one did it for me. I am 100% convinced that the book is faded and since that is not a flaw I can live with I am returning it to the seller. These chat rooms are priceless.