• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,027 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, DTM700 said:

I really like this cover. I've noticed lately I've been enjoying and noticing train covers. Guess that's how a niche collection is born;)

_____                 . . . . . o o o o o
  __|[_]|__ ___________ _______    ____      o
 |[] [] []| [] [] [] [] [_____(__  ][]]_n_n__][.
_|________|_[_________]_[________]_|__|________)<
  oo    oo 'oo      oo ' oo    oo 'oo 0000---oo\_
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cool train!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32515-1380824519-4.gif.90b0bb624029071d8a130f119649b824.gif

On 9/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, ParkRaven said:

I got this Congo Bill #6 this week and I'm having a little trouble deciding whether to keep it. The condition is great and the price was right but the cover colors are off. The thatch roof behind the title and tree (or is it another thatch roof?) above the ape with the camera are dark green on other copies I have seen. On this cover they are brown. And, the camera that the ape is holding is black and dark blue on other copies I have seen. On this cover it is black and lavender. I do not know if this is a printing error or fading. There are no other signs of fading. Please share your insight with me.

Congo Bill 6160.jpg

Great guns those apes are purple.  Cool cover.

32 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

So, is this thread not pasted to the top of comics general anymore? (shrug)

Anyway...added these recently.

Awesome books :)

They unstickied the ones that were stickied, but in a pinch you can find them in the stickied thread "favorite thread" on its first page. Evidently they were taking up room...

13 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:
On 9/17/2017 at 11:18 AM, ParkRaven said:

I got this Congo Bill #6 this week and I'm having a little trouble deciding whether to keep it. The condition is great and the price was right but the cover colors are off. The thatch roof behind the title and tree (or is it another thatch roof?) above the ape with the camera are dark green on other copies I have seen. On this cover they are brown. And, the camera that the ape is holding is black and dark blue on other copies I have seen. On this cover it is black and lavender. I do not know if this is a printing error or fading. There are no other signs of fading. Please share your insight with me.

Congo Bill 6160.jpg

Great guns those apes are purple.  Cool cover.

I fixed your book.  You can PM me for my PayPal.

cb2.thumb.jpg.41280b00da55645d25a8118ad8b62548.jpg

Some ebay bucks and that ebay coupon last week :) EDIT: I really need a room with better lighting, sigh, anyway HUGHES!!! lol 

Catwoman #74 CGC 8.0 Adam Hughes.jpg

JLA Classified #1 CGC 9.6 SS Adam Hughes.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

31 minutes ago, manetteska said:

You looking to part with some of these recent Cole pickups?  :baiting:

:hi:  I'm not necessarily collecting LB Cole. I've just started to pick up a few when they are offered and it's easy to get hooked. That being said, yes, I could part with them. What's interesting to me about collecting PCH and even GA, is the eye appeal seems more important than the technical grade. However that, and the rarity factor, makes ascertaining FMV difficult. If you asked me to price them the only thing I would have to go on is what I paid. Normally, I would say PM me and we can talk but the usual discussions about grade and price may be difficult. Maybe the best thing is I bring them to the next local show and you can evaluate. I'm sure you know more about this genre than me.