• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75 cent price variant marvels

38 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to these boards, and have a few questions for everyone out there. Is there a collecting value difference for these variants, i.e. amazing spidey 238 price variant, and amazing spidey 252 variant. These two books in particular show almost none in the census with very few ever coming up for sale. I have a 238 variant that should grade out a 9.6 at the least, possibly a 9.8 on a good day. Anyone have an idea of the value in relation to the regular priced books. Your full input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

X101

Welcome to the board

Now, on to your question...

Yes, to the right people the 75¢ (or Canadian) versions are desirable. Value all depends on how many of the variant nutjobs see and want your books.

Do a search on the subject. I has been discussed at lenght several times. Perhaps jump over to the Bronze Age section and look a the Price Variant Club thread.

oh, and when you find the people who are interested in the Canadian price variants, see if you can't straighten them out over the 12p variants from the early 80s. remind them that the British editions are NOT reprints. thank you. that is all

You will find more people who will not want a 75 cent cover price than those that do. Even though there are far fewer Canadian(75 cent) and Pence copies,the majority of collectors shun them. They are not looked upon in the same light as the 30 and 35 cent price variants of the bronze age.I'm not aware of any premium attached to these books. In fact,in my experiance,you are lucky to get near Overstreet for them.

You will find more people who will not want a 75 cent cover price than those that do.

I remember reading something in an old OS about Thor 337, and how it was sold out everywhere soon after release. So some enterprising dealer imported a bunch of newsstand copies from Canada but these had the non-US price, and most customers refused to buy them.

Collectors like consistency.

Collectors like consistency.

But completionists will most likely want both versions.

If you're grail book is ASM 238, and you already have a 9.8 W direct edition....why wouldn't you want to compliment that book with HG pence & newsstand copies? confused-smiley-013.gif

My point was that the Price Variant collectors don't pursue these the way they do 30/35 cent variants.You won't see people paying hundreds of dollars for a beat up Canadian version of some obscure reprint book.

YET.

you should try and sell him a DD 158. i mean, that's a variant too, in his world, and should command the big big money

Thanks for all of the replies, you all sure to get on tangents though. Anyway, unlike the beat up 30-35 cent varients that regularly sell for high prices the copy of 238 I have would most likley be a 9.8. It is flawless and based on my other books sent to cgc would be a minimum of 9.6, 9.8 on a decent day. I am not planning on selling, so I think your responses were great. I am sending off this friday so I will have an answer in a few months. On census there are no 9.8, 1 9.6, and 1 9.2 or something like that. it would be nice to have highest on census, with a semi-variant cover. thanks

x101

Thanks for all of the replies, you all sure to get on tangents though. Anyway, unlike the beat up 30-35 cent varients that regularly sell for high prices the copy of 238 I have would most likley be a 9.8. It is flawless and based on my other books sent to cgc would be a minimum of 9.6, 9.8 on a decent day. I am not planning on selling, so I think your responses were great. I am sending off this friday so I will have an answer in a few months. On census there are no 9.8, 1 9.6 , and 1 9.2 or something like that. it would be nice to have highest on census, with a semi-variant cover. thanks

x101

ASM238-75centvariant.jpg