• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Global Shipping Program

93 posts in this topic

I can understand how international buyers don't like the added cost and time for the GSP. That said without it US based sellers have no recourse against international buyers who lie about receiving their books if it's not used.

Can someone help me out here? Made a recent purchase from the US but when I track it I'm told tracking is unavailable for this product to UK. Any idea what Intl USPS service the seller would have used? Thanks

Screenshot_2016_05_23_21_31_19.jpg

Can someone help me out here? Made a recent purchase from the US but when I track it I'm told tracking is unavailable for this product to UK. Any idea what Intl USPS service the seller would have used? Thanks

I would say MOST USPS services don't allow international tracking. Priority, 1st class, both don't have it (except maybe to Canada?). I'm pretty sure priority express should have it, or global express, but those are waaay more expensive.

Were you promised international tracking?

Is the ebay global shipping?

If I remember correctly, LC tracking numbers are USPS International first class. You sometimes get tracking and sometimes not. I have no idea what governs the tracking with 1st class from US to UK.

CF tracking numbers are USPS Priority International and you will get tracking with that service.

Did you purchase through ebay? If so, you can get the info from the payment details. If not, just ask the seller.

I would say MOST USPS services don't allow international tracking. Priority, 1st class, both don't have it (except maybe to Canada?). I'm pretty sure priority express should have it, or global express, but those are waaay more expensive.

Yes I kind of requested using a service that offered tracking/scan on arrival for both our peace of mind. It's a 8x10" photo so i thought $23 shipping quote would easily cover that.

Yes I messaged the seller about what service he opted for but no response as of yet. I have a feeling he might've cheaped out on the shipping cost for a damn 8x10 photo and opted for 1st class like you mentioned, instead of Intl priority which I could have sworn is fully tracked throughout the whole journey. hm

Yes I kind of requested using a service that offered tracking/scan on arrival for both our peace of mind. It's a 8x10" photo so i thought $23 shipping quote would easily cover that.

I don't know about 'easily'. I will also say that 'delivery confirmation' is not necessarily the same thing as 'tracking'. At least not according to the USPS.

I don't know about 'easily'. I will also say that 'delivery confirmation' is not necessarily the same thing as 'tracking'. At least not according to the USPS.

true, and it was indeed sent by USPS 1st class intl - I buy raw books from the US often and full tracking is nearly always visible from leaving the country all the way up to delivery confirmation. I'm pretty sure global priority/intl priority is the modus operandi. This is good to know all the same

I can understand how international buyers don't like the added cost and time for the GSP. That said without it US based sellers have no recourse against international buyers who lie about receiving their books if it's not used.

A simple tracking number would take care of that issue.

A simple tracking number would take care of that issue.

hm

If only there were a tracking number with the GSP...

true, and it was indeed sent by USPS 1st class intl - I buy raw books from the US often and full tracking is nearly always visible from leaving the country all the way up to delivery confirmation. I'm pretty sure global priority/intl priority is the modus operandi. This is good to know all the same

For some reason I cannot explain, you sometimes don't get tracking with USPS 1st class to UK. Maybe it could be to do with the size of the package. If your photo is in a thin envelope (hopefully protected), maybe it won't be tracked.

It's a crock of horse mess. I completely ignore any seller that uses it.

It's in the same crock as eBay charging the seller a fee on postage charges and as a seller, not being able to leave negative feedback to dead beat bidders...