• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is GPA Analysis still worth it?

48 posts in this topic

Just wondering about your thoughts about GPA. I've had it on and offer for a few years and always found it useful. I havent subscribed for a year or so though. I planned to activate my account for a month if I go through with possible sales of some of my slabs. However, I heard that eBay transactions are no longer being tracked. Given that eBay is such a major hub for comic sales, I was wondering if GPA was still worth the $11 a month fee. What do you think?

Just wondering about your thoughts about GPA. I've had it on and offer for a few years and always found it useful. I havent subscribed for a year or so though. I planned to activate my account for a month if I go through with possible sales of some of my slabs. However, I heard that eBay transactions are no longer being tracked. Given that eBay is such a major hub for comic sales, I was wondering if GPA was still worth the $11 a month fee. What do you think?

I think it's well worth it and eBay transactions are still included so far as I know.

However, I heard that eBay transactions are no longer being tracked.

Where did you hear that? (Because you should stop listening to whomever is that full of it.) lol

Life's too short to spend any time with the people who make snopes.com necessary. :insane:

(...and especially don't vote for them.)

I think it's well worth it and eBay transactions are still included so far as I know.

.... GPA included my sale of TTA 44 from eBay.... a "Best Offer Accepted" sale that captured the actual sale price.... just a few weeks ago. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Take a look at GoCollect. $5.99 a month. I switched over from GPA after trying it.

I like GoCollect a lot. Not only can you get sales history, but can get images of actual books sold, variants, charts/graphs, dynamic date ranges, etc. I'd switch to GoCollect in a heartbeat if they'd pull in auction houses. As I understand it, it's just ebay sales that are captured now, so limits the results especially when we look at GA/SA sales.

I don't use GPA at all when pricing books or considering offers.

It's more relevant to look at sold results on eBay (as this is the majority of recent GPA results) and to then check eBay and other sites for current asking prices of like books to help establish your pricing.

If you have the only CGC X.X available then ask whatever you like, if there is a lot of competition then price according to whether you want to move it fast or don't mind hanging onto the book to eventually realize your price.

I find that it gives me piece of mind about the ballpark to target.items I am interested in. Often sticking to the GPA value in an auction can have you lose quite a bit.

It's a good service but I wouldn't say I save $11/mth on avg from everything I bought.

I find that it gives me piece of mind about the ballpark to target.items I am interested in. Often sticking to the GPA value in an auction can have you lose quite a bit.

It's a good service but I wouldn't say I save $11/mth on avg from everything I bought.

For me, it also has some entertainment value. I like checking out trends on different books, even if I'm not actively buying or selling them.

But the point isn't to save $11 a month. The point is to get as complete a picture of the market as possible. I pull all sources I can. I factor in Overstreet and GPA in order to see what's going on. Those two sources capture a huge amount of the market (raw sales via dealers and CGC'd books sold via auction and eBay. If I notice a trend in the market (either up or down) I can react. Now if you are buying books just to keep them, then no you don't need GPA. But if you are investing in books and want to know the market, then it would be odd not to get it.

I don't really agree that the majority of GPA results are from eBay. Heritage Auctions and Metropolis (including Comic Connect) both contribute to GPA. It is these auctions, not eBay, that provide the valuable hard to find book data. Only wish Comic Link contributed then it would be a "no brainer" to subscribe to GPA.

I don't use GPA at all when pricing books or considering offers.

It's more relevant to look at sold results on eBay (as this is the majority of recent GPA results) and to then check eBay and other sites for current asking prices of like books to help establish your pricing.

If you have the only CGC X.X available then ask whatever you like, if there is a lot of competition then price according to whether you want to move it fast or don't mind hanging onto the book to eventually realize your price.

So, how is it more relevant to take only a portion of what GPA reports? How, when trying to establish an average, is it better to take a smaller sample?

And how are asking pricing relevant in the least?

Take a look at GoCollect. $5.99 a month. I switched over from GPA after trying it.

You're saving $5 a month ($60 a year) paying for a service that you can get for free with a spreadsheet and a once a month check in eBay yourself...

GoCollect (as it sounds today) makes zero sense to subscribe to.

:shrug: