• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracking a 9.6 Yellow label for pressing

8 posts in this topic

I was thinking of cracking a fairly expensive 9.6 yellow label and sending it to CCS for pressing / re-grading. Has anyone done this before? Has anyone had any experiences with this where you've received a lower grade. I'm thinking that the variations between 9.6 and 9.8 are generally pretty subtle, so I'm hoping a pressing would have a great impact...

I also read that CSC does not provide CGC with the original grade. If i have a 9.6, i would almost want them to have it so they know that it should be a step up from that. :)

Any thoughts?

(also, FYI, I am not going to personally crack the case, i'll let CSC do it).

I was thinking of cracking a fairly expensive 9.6 yellow label and sending it to CCS for pressing / re-grading. Has anyone done this before? Has anyone had any experiences with this where you've received a lower grade. I'm thinking that the variations between 9.6 and 9.8 are generally pretty subtle, so I'm hoping a pressing would have a great impact...

I also read that CSC does not provide CGC with the original grade. If i have a 9.6, i would almost want them to have it so they know that it should be a step up from that. :)

Any thoughts?

(also, FYI, I am not going to personally crack the case, i'll let CSC do it).

Yes, I sent CCS a signed 9.4 NM98 (it tooks about 3 months for pressing) and then it was sent to CGC, came back 9.6

That's not actually how grading works. :shy:

That's not actually how grading works. :shy:

Heh .. i know ;)

If a SS is cracked for pressing do you lose the SS status?
It depends, if you crack it out yourself, yes.

If a presser that CGC recognizes, CCS, Joeypost etc. does it, the books will retain the s/s Label.

I know that there is a financial consideration on the .2 extra from a 9.6 to a 9.8 but to consider taking a chance on manipulating something that is nearly perfect to the remote possibility of decreasing its condition hardly seems worth the risk. someday we'll look back on this and wonder what we were thinking.