• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is my head at ? Where am I going with this
1 1

60 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jking3437 said:

Haven't posted in awhile, and really slowed down on collecting, but when I can purchase a book I will especially if its something I'm actively collecting. As some of you boardies can tell I like batman a little bit, and the batman animated series was a huge part of my life growing up. So I put out a Want To Buy thread because I want to try and collect Batman Adventures Volume 1, and @paperheart hooked me up. Mike sent me a message about some raw copies he had, and BAM 9.8s all around. Thanks again Mike.  He actually got a first 9.8 #32 on the census. I think I still need about 24 books but I have a ton of good 9.8 candidates that at some time I will get graded, maybe I'm waiting on the grading process to speed up with turn around times. 

#5 - second on census

#10- third on census

#14 - third on census

#19 - second on census

#26 - second on census

#32 -first on census

Man I really miss photo bucket , really turned some of my books into terrible advertisement for something, maybe thats what I will do tonight check to see what is missing and re scan the books 

Till next time 

A53D2E7C-62A4-477B-9D72-151ACBA3EC4A.jpeg

:acclaim:  btw, turnaround time on 9.8 pre-screen was roughly one calendar month, huge improvement from what i remembered

Went to a small comic/ toy  show last weekend . Very small room but place was packed with stuff. Mostly modern comics, and lots of toys. 

Had to grab these two books, prices were already good but didn’t pay sticker. 

1st black mask is a major villain not silver age first appearances like I was collecting but I couldn’t say no because the price. The next book I think is killer croc, book has been steadily increasing in price over the year or 2, and I should just buck up and get it. 

Here is the books I picked up 

I also have a book in the works, if everything pans out should have it in a week or 2, major batman villain book !!!! 

CBDCD8BB-047F-45A2-81A7-6F53939EBDCF.jpeg

1495F44C-D4FD-41CA-B444-B732E1E4E26D.jpeg

Alright so here is the Big surprise I have been waiting on, super excited to finally have this book. I posted in this thread back in August of last year that I was leaning towards getting a copy, wish I would have grabbed one then but o well. Its a awesome book, looks great in the new cases, I really think CGC knocked it out of the park when they redid all their cases. I have a book or 2 to send in but this one is a keeper, especially with the way prices are 

So now that leads to 1 more silver age book that I need for my Villain Run , Batman 171.  There is a couple of books on eBay don't know if I want to go higher than a 8.5 though, would look nice to my high grade 155 

batman181.jpeg

6 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

Alright so here is the Big surprise I have been waiting on, super excited to finally have this book. I posted in this thread back in August of last year that I was leaning towards getting a copy, wish I would have grabbed one then but o well. Its a awesome book, looks great in the new cases, I really think CGC knocked it out of the park when they redid all their cases. I have a book or 2 to send in but this one is a keeper, especially with the way prices are 

So now that leads to 1 more silver age book that I need for my Villain Run , Batman 171.  There is a couple of books on eBay don't know if I want to go higher than a 8.5 though, would look nice to my high grade 155 

batman181.jpeg

nice highergrade key!!

I have been buying a lot of omnibuses and TpB lately, since most of the books I buy are graded, and i can't read them I love having the omnibuses. Here is a pic of a bookshelf. Im going to need a more bookshelves!!!

And here is a pic of my batman adventures run , I'm going to need a BA12 at one point but I don't know where the price is going to go. 

Any idea if the price will go up or down ????

C037E9CE-61B6-4846-84E5-13B09F2F3AB7.jpeg

723876B9-5482-4CFF-8FAD-D05080712CA2.jpeg

Edited by Jking3437

On 2/15/2016 at 3:02 PM, Jking3437 said:

Journal Entry #2

Went to the LCS on Wednesday, grabbed my copy of the Walking Dead #151 and Batman Europa #4. Looked around the shop for awhile, there was one book that I wanted but here is a little back story to my LCS. They are overpriced !! Everything in the shop. They had a VG copy of Detective Comics #359, price tag a whooping $500. Now I know the book is on the rise but for $500 I would want a nice 6.0. Shop also had about 3 copies of NM 98 in VF+/NM-, for prices of $400 and $600 a graded copy 9.2 for $550. I have no idea where these prices come from sometimes, and the shop is one of those shops that don’t except offers. I made offers all the time for slightly under going rate or right at what GPA would be. Makes shopping there sometimes very difficult.

Last night missed out on a Batman #22 CGC 3.5, with about 12 seconds left the bid was at $170, I figured someone would try to grab the book right at or right under $200. So i placed a bid of $209.79 or something like that, lost out with 1 second left. If i only checked GPA on that book would have put a max bid right around GPA 260-270. Well there will always be another book.

Tell next time

Almost 2 years later , got myself a Batman 22 

55A5BDCE-10FE-428C-B208-F3D88CC4274C.jpeg

So I haven't updated this thread in a while, had some unexpected bills come out of no where which put a damper on my collecting, but thats all squared away and done with for the foreseeable future. 

So back to buying comic books, since I have really been focused on my batman silver age villain run, I am glad to say I have finally completed the ones I want. 

Batman  171 is gone of my list of Ebay saved searches .Still waiting for delivery though 

So with that being crossed off have 121,155,171,181,189,232,234 not a little bad run also have 222, and 227 but they aren't 1st appearance villains or silver age appearances. I'm happy for now until I get int some golden age books that what really is going to hurt my wallet. Going to be going after Detective 58,66,73,140, and Worlds Finest 3 along with All American Comics 61 . Might throw Showcase 55 and Detective 298 in there also but who knows, if they come up and the price is right. Going to be an expensive journey but really excited 

And here is a cool book I picked up the other day , always liked the cover since I bought a raw book a couple years ago , 8.5 was the grade I was gong after but when 9.2 comes up in the right price you jump on it. 

1F59ECFC-DA01-48E5-A83C-87F14DC66162.jpeg

Edited by Jking3437

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/4613-where-is-my-head-at-where-am-i-going-with-this/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png

1 1