• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where is my head at ? Where am I going with this
1 1

60 posts in this topic

Going to throw this out there for some batman peoples

Next book

Detective comics 359 8.5

Batman 171

Batman 181

I have the extra money, so figure I ill go after the more expensive books first and work my ways to the cheaper books the batman 234,222,227 and such after

any opinions out there, what book to buy first. which book might sky rocket in price and price me out.

Call Comiclink. They have the sale history on those Batman books. I sold them last March and other guy sold similar as mine. That was last fall. You will know the prices.

So i have been on the Batman / Flash kick as of lately and it has continued. Here are some recent pickups from Ebay/Boards/Mycomicshop ( which I never used before ) but if you see a book on Ebay from Mycomicshop go on their actual website and its usually discounted.

So here are the new books

batman227cgc_zpsbncrp922.jpegbatman234cgc%202_zpscafsxuay.jpegflash122%201_zps866crhgh.jpeg

So a book came up for sale recently, and it was one of those books I have always wanted. The book isn't cheap, high grade go for some big bucks. i decided to check the census before buying the book and to my surprise there is only 174 total graded. I compared it to the Marve Version of Batman #121 another tough book. So i decided to do a quick search to see if there was a thread for the book. The thread was quite informative and apparently the book is pretty tough to find, no wonder why my eBay followed search rarely turned up anything.

So I pounced on the book, and was very happy when the book came in the mail. I used a filter on the photo below, but the book looks GREAT In person.

So without further delay .......

DFD067A7-7C4A-4BBB-AA8C-462361A1EAD3_zps6c3vw9zw.jpg

Edited by Jking3437

I always loved the cartoon show growing up called Batman the animated series, I remember running home from school to catch the show on Tv during the week. Right after Batman was the Xmen cartoon ( which I also loved), boy cartoons were way better back in the day.

So I have been following Bruce Timm Sketches on Ebay for awhile now, and this book came up one day and it was a must have book for my collection. So i bid on it and to my surprise I won it. Now all i need is a Joker and a Batman one to finish the trio.

59f3a5ce3dcdb_brucetimmharley1.thumb.jpeg.812185a004035b4ec4a321fce0a86c91.jpeg

Edited by Jking3437

Going to throw this out there for some batman peoples

Next book

Detective comics 359 8.5

Batman 171

Batman 181

I have the extra money, so figure I ill go after the more expensive books first and work my ways to the cheaper books the batman 234,222,227 and such after

any opinions out there, what book to buy first. which book might sky rocket in price and price me out.

Det 359 and Bat 181 should be picked up before Bat 171.

There is the possibility of Poison Ivy and/or Batgirl being used in the upcoming Harley Quinn movie.If there is a confirmation of those rumors made soon, those books will go up signifigantly.

The 1st SA Riddler isn't going anywhere, for the time being.

Another book that can be had at relative batgain prices is Det 411, as Talia has cooled off since being in the 2015 Bat movie.Dunno if that's on your secondary list or not.

I haven't updated this in a while boy I need to add some books here , traded my DD#1 away for this beast. Was much happy owing this then the DD. DD was a great book and it was loved, but y collection was going Batman and Flash related so the chance came up for a swap and I pulled the trigger 

detective359.jpeg

So i already have the harley quinn bruce timm sketch so I needed a batman and joker to go a long with it, grabbed this off eBay. Still need the joker but might have a line on a sketch opp this year and going to take advantage of it, if its still around 

brucetimmbatman.jpeg

and finally got back to my batman villain run, was happy to buy this but I know I paid a premium for it. I have all the saved searches for the batman villain books saved on eBay. Always feels great to cross one of them off your list 

batman234cgc.thumb.jpeg.f8aaeb24987a7f6a3195313087530365.jpeg

Edited by Jking3437

So I haven't updated this in a while and while I haven't really bought anything new, my collection has turned really into DC comics only. I love my marvel keys but to be honest Batman and Flash have taken over my life. I find myself even buying less and less new modern books anymore, don't even have my walking dead books in my pull list at the LCS. I guess I hit the peak in my collecting. 

I'm very close to finishing my silver age batman villain run also, only need a 155,171, and 181. I know the 181 is going to pricey, but i have been selling and saving, selling and saving. I was the under bidder in the last comic link auction were that nice 8.5 went for $1,900 and change. O well one day I will have one. 

Tell next time 

On 7/13/2016 at 10:45 AM, Jking3437 said:

Journal Entry #5

Well I'm back to writing about this crazy journey that Comic books have taken me on the last couple years. Boy, I with I could go back in time and stayed collecting comics instead of baseball cards for two reasons.

1) I would have a awesome collection

2) I would be broke lol P.S I'm not broke, I have a legit job and I will survive

Well I got the book I wanted from the first journal entry. I got my Batman 121 and I love it. It's very sweet and sorrowful at the same time , to want something so bad and the day you finally buy it, there is a emptiness left inside. It was right in my price / grade range and couldnt be happier. Didn't want a 1.0-3.0 and can't afford a 7.5-9.2 so 5.0 it was. And big shout out to Assparky for selling it to me. Batman 121 doesn't come up for sale that often on the boards and when it does it seems like it sales fast. i guess it was perfect timing.

Now what do i do?

What book do I want now? next?

Well there is always another book, it just depends on how much that book is.

O ya here is the batman 121

3EF72478-B327-4237-9C50-1586D13A94E6_zpsxevmp9y9.jpg

I'm still undecided if I will sell the DD1 and SM 129 for the Tales of suspense 39, or go after a AF15 before they get more expensive and out of range forever.

Simple solution--- Win the lottery lol

??That book really presented well and im glad you are happy with it, great journal btw

17 hours ago, Aasparky1000 said:

??That book really presented well and im glad you are happy with it, great journal btw

Super pumped about this book , still have it. Don't think I will be able to upgrade so it fits nicely 

On 3/22/2017 at 2:31 PM, Jking3437 said:

So i already have the harley quinn bruce timm sketch so I needed a batman and joker to go a long with it, grabbed this off eBay. Still need the joker but might have a line on a sketch opp this year and going to take advantage of it, if its still around 

brucetimmbatman.jpeg

Commenting a bit late here but I love both of these Timm sketch covers. Well done!   (thumbsu

On 6/8/2017 at 9:31 AM, Point Five said:

Commenting a bit late here but I love both of these Timm sketch covers. Well done!   (thumbsu

Thanks , the batman and Harley are awesome, they get displayed. 

Only need a joker now, I have never seen a joker up for bid on eBay. Guess I got to get one at a convention 

So just a little bit of a update, I recently committed to buying a batman book , one of the villain books I need. Have been paying it off here and there, I can't wait to finally pay the book off completely and get it in hand. You guys will see it plastered all over these cgc boards. What's new in the collection bam, silver age section bam, journal bam, and where ever else I seem fit . lol 

to be continued.....

Alright so I still need to finish the batman run 171,181, adding Tec 298 and batman adventures 12. 

I loved the cartoon so much when I was a kid, going to try and complete the batman adventures 1-36 run, it's going to be tough, purchased a ton of raw books (30-35) off eBay and most showed up in NM condition, def need a press. 

But i I had a eBay gift card for $50 so I bought this one. Now I only need 34 more lol 

IMG_3318.JPG

Haven't posted in awhile, and really slowed down on collecting, but when I can purchase a book I will especially if its something I'm actively collecting. As some of you boardies can tell I like batman a little bit, and the batman animated series was a huge part of my life growing up. So I put out a Want To Buy thread because I want to try and collect Batman Adventures Volume 1, and @paperheart hooked me up. Mike sent me a message about some raw copies he had, and BAM 9.8s all around. Thanks again Mike.  He actually got a first 9.8 #32 on the census. I think I still need about 24 books but I have a ton of good 9.8 candidates that at some time I will get graded, maybe I'm waiting on the grading process to speed up with turn around times. 

#5 - second on census

#10- third on census

#14 - third on census

#19 - second on census

#26 - second on census

#32 -first on census

Man I really miss photo bucket , really turned some of my books into terrible advertisement for something, maybe thats what I will do tonight check to see what is missing and re scan the books 

Till next time 

A53D2E7C-62A4-477B-9D72-151ACBA3EC4A.jpeg

Edited by Jking3437

1 1