• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Predator directed by Shane Black (3/2/18)

157 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2018 at 11:20 PM, DC|Marvel said:

I am so out of the loop on these movies. Did anything ever come of that awesome cliff hanger where all I can recall was a spec ops team captured one of the Predator's weapon. It was delivered in a suit case to a big corporation and laid on the desk. And fade to credits......Was there ever a movie that built upon that plot or did it just end up being a one-off?

I think that was Aliens vs Predator Requiem, not sure if they will ever do a follow up though.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:03 AM, Jimbo749 said:

I got the Predator 2 vibe as well. I guess one of the characters in the new movie is the son of Gary Busey's character in Predator 2, so there is some connection.

From what I understand, it's supposed to follow the original Predator so that would make sense.

I had a chance to check out the sets when it was shooting and they looked amazing! (sig other worked on it)

Edited by Darjis

I had really hoped for a true sequel to  Predator and Predator 2

Instead what we are getting is the typical Fox cash grab. Hybrid Predators? What happened to The Hunt? It used to be all about The Hunt....

20 hours ago, Darjis said:

From what I understand, it's supposed to follow the original Predator so that would make sense.

I had a chance to check out the sets when it was shooting and they looked amazing! (sig other worked on it)

Whichever way they go with it, I'm excited to see it!! The latest predator costume design looks great as well.

2 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

Whichever way they go with it, I'm excited to see it!! The latest predator costume design looks great as well.

Fun fact: My sig other worked heavily on that costume. :P She would come home all the time and show me pics of bits she painted/aged/worked on that day. I agree it looks very cool!

4 minutes ago, Darjis said:

Fun fact: My sig other worked heavily on that costume. :P She would come home all the time and show me pics of bits she painted/aged/worked on that day. I agree it looks very cool!

That's awesome that she shared it with you. I also heard that there might be a female predator this time around, that should be cool to see.

Edited by Jimbo749

2 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

That's awesome that she shared it with you. I also heard that there might be a female predator this time around, that should be cool to see.

Yeah, I got to see so much behind the scenes stuff - I love all that movie magic stuff. It's really cool in person. In fact, I still have the security pass on my car that let me on the lot (I was her ride daily) i'll take a pic and post it later on.

A female one would be hella cool but I don't know that's true. I'm sure I would have heard about it as she worked on the original shooting and both sets of reshoots. I think the Super Predator is the 'big baddie' or at least that's the guess I have based on my limited knowledge. Or maybe the female could be slated for a sequel?

30 minutes ago, Darjis said:

Yeah, I got to see so much behind the scenes stuff - I love all that movie magic stuff. It's really cool in person. In fact, I still have the security pass on my car that let me on the lot (I was her ride daily) i'll take a pic and post it later on.

A female one would be hella cool but I don't know that's true. I'm sure I would have heard about it as she worked on the original shooting and both sets of reshoots. I think the Super Predator is the 'big baddie' or at least that's the guess I have based on my limited knowledge. Or maybe the female could be slated for a sequel?

I think it was more of a rumor going around, based on the chinese movie poster, which sorta looks female

predator-chinese-poster.thumb.jpg.b381e06915636f5888976487ecf74b4a.jpg

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

Trailer looked pretty good up until that last “big” thing they showed. Don’t want to spoil it but you know what I’m talking about if you saw it. Why ruin what could have been good with that. 

Just watched it again, now I see what you mean, bigger and badder is the name of the game now.

Just caught the trailer on FXX, looks awful.  Mindless one liners and been there, done that action scenes.

The original Predator was great in significant part due to the suspense of “wtf is that!?!?”  Now it’s been reduced to, “Hey look, a predator! Let’s shoot at it!”  All that’s missing is Chris Hansen.

On 8/5/2018 at 11:15 AM, IkewithMike said:

I had really hoped for a true sequel to  Predator and Predator 2

To be fair, Jake Busey is playing the son of his dad Gary Busey's character from Predator 2.

I keep seeing the TV commercials for this movie and it looks...(how can I say this diplomatically???)...it looks not good.  Almost cringe worthy.

I don't know why it's so difficult to make a good Predator movie???  Here's my idea (I guarantee it will be a hit)...

- Crew of Marines fly to the Predator home world (they get the coordinates from a fallen spaceship)

- For diversity add a black guy, a gay guy, an Asian female, and sprinkle in a bunch of white dudes

- All the members are built, sexy, and have a "don't mess with me" look

- They land on the home world of the Predators and start hunting (that's the twist...we hunt them)

- Lots of death, blood, and violence.  Add some female nudity.  BAM!!!  Hit movie.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
BAM!!!

13 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I keep seeing the TV commercials for this movie and it looks...(how can I say this diplomatically???)...it looks not good.  Almost cringe worthy.

I don't know why it's so difficult to make a good Predator movie???  Here's my idea (I guarantee it will be a hit)...

- Crew of Marines fly to the Predator home world (they get the coordinates from a fallen spaceship)

- For diversity add a black guy, a gay guy, an Asian female, and sprinkle in a bunch of white dudes

- They land on the home world of the Predators and start hunting (that's the twist...we hunt them)

- Lots of death, blood, and violence.  Add some female nudity.  BAM!!!  Hit movie.

Aside from them *all being built, sexy* and the twist that "we hunt them" you pretty much described "Predators."

54 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Still needs Chris Hansen...

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Aside from them *all being built, sexy* and the twist that "we hunt them" you pretty much described "Predators."

Exactly.  Don't mess with a successful formula.  Rocky I, II, and III.  Fast and Furious.  Jurassic Series.

Plus I added female nudity.  That's the difference between a $1B movie and a $2B movie:idea:.

***Predators is the second best in the series

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Exactly.  Don't mess with a successful formula.  Rocky I, II, and III.  Fast and Furious.  Jurassic Series.

Plus I added female nudity.  That's the difference between a $1B movie and a $2B movie:idea:.

***Predators is the second best in the series

I have faith:

1. Shane Black hasn’t written a bad movie since The Last Action Hero.

2. As I’ve said before - he probably knows the Predator franchise better than anyone, as he was

a) in the first one and

b) refused to do re-writes on it (if the rumors are to be believed, that's why he’s killed off first)

Edited by Gatsby77