• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$84K for an FF 52?!?

538 posts in this topic

The 9.6 copy in the Heritage Signature Auction went for "only" $15,535.

That is a massive price gap between 9.6 and 9.8.

Yet, there is a 24K offer on Clink for a 9.6 SS. Is Stan's signature really worth an extra 9K ?

Yet, there is a 24K offer on Clink for a 9.6 SS. Is Stan's signature really worth an extra 9K ?

Shouldn't be. Probably extra $500 tops if at all. Personally not a fan of signatures on GA or SA books.

just stopped by and saw this post. out of curiosity i checked my collection and found out i have the 2 peds of this book. a 9.2 (rocky mountain) and a 8.0 (savanah) :)

it seems the book is gaining steam!

just stopped by and saw this post. out of curiosity i checked my collection and found out i have the 2 peds of this book. a 9.2 (rocky mountain) and a 8.0 (savanah) :)

it seems the book is gaining steam!

Rare Benz sighting!

Indeed.

Yes, even more so considering that these 2 copies would probably not be able to hit 9.8 again if they were resubmitted in the raw without their current labels.

Especially considering the spine nicks and staple tear(s) would probably not pass the 9.8 mustard test in CGC's much stricter grading environment today. hm:tonofbricks:

I consider myself quite a bit more paranoid than most people I meet, but I give absolutely no thought to the significance of offers that I see on comiclink anymore.

What would be the difficulty in someone asking his friend to make an offer on comiclink at his bottom line price?

It would certainly help avoid all of the "ridiculous" offers between 50% of his asking price and his bottom line "might consider acceptance" price.

It would also indicate an interest that doesn't really exist.

I consider myself quite a bit more paranoid than most people I meet, but I give absolutely no thought to the significance of offers that I see on comiclink anymore.

What would be the difficulty in someone asking his friend to make an offer on comiclink at his bottom line price?

It would certainly help avoid all of the "ridiculous" offers between 50% of his asking price and his bottom line "might consider acceptance" price.

Yeah, I think that many "offers" on CLink have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Just like bids in an auction leading up to the final day.

All that really matters is the final bid. Anything up to that point is mostly meaningless.

Not sure I would reach that conclusion. It's been 3+ months since the sale.

I'm very curious to see what happens with the new listing. I would guess - and it's just a guess - that the underbidder for the Heritage book ended up with the Curator copy from ComicLink. Are there three collectors who are willing to enter that stratosphere for this book?

I'm going with only 2.

If this is the case, then it looks like the original buyer and now seller would be losing some significant money on this book after only 3 months, once you factor in CL's commission for the sale. hm:tonofbricks:

I'm very curious to see what happens with the new listing. I would guess - and it's just a guess - that the underbidder for the Heritage book ended up with the Curator copy from ComicLink. Are there three collectors who are willing to enter that stratosphere for this book?

I'm going with only 2.

My magic eight ball said concentrate and ask again.