• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"ACTION," "DETECTIVE COMICS" RETURN TO ORIGINAL NUMBERING FOR "REBIRTH"

52 posts in this topic

You know, when both companies revealed the "marketing theory" behind the renumberings...that it makes it less intimidating for new readers, we complained and complained but ultimately everyone nodded their heads and reluctantly went along.

No, I just couldn't stop them from doing it. All I could do was stop buying, so I did.

Bingo or as my daughter would say, you're on point

So eventually Marvel will follow suit. Here are my questions for what will be issue 800. How will it take into account the following:

Amazing Spider-man Volume 1 and Volume 2 added up to 1-700 issues not including ".1" issues like 700.1, 700.2, 700.3, 700.4 and 700.5.

Superior Spider-man 1-33

Amazing Spider-man Volume 3 (2014) went from 1-20.1 except... there is a problem. The series really went to issue 18. Then it produced 19.1 and 20.1 without there being a proper 19 and 20.

Amazing Spider-man Volume 4 (2015) 1- whenever the next reboot will be.

This is just one convoluted mess especially with .1 issues were there were no proper whole numbers and the inclusion of a year and a half of Doc Ock Spiderman.

If anything, the publishers are pushing me out of reading as it becomes too much of a drain to keep track of it all and eventually it becomes work.

ASM is #1-441, just like Iron Man is #1-332 (or whatever, I'm close and it is early). Very easy to follow and collect, and takes up much less room.

How many years ago was it when Marvel did a bunch of number ones, got away from original numbering, and then reverted to original numbering? I know they sort of did it recently with X-Men 600, but there was something prior to that.

From now on, every issue released should have two banner headlines on it;

"first great issue" and "last ever issue". Such is the nonsense that the industry has descended into in modern times. The really sad thing is that most people are past caring. The novelty and excitement of renumbering a title (if it in fact exists at all) cannot be used ad infinitum. The love and passion from the big publishing houses died years ago. Its all about the $$$. 2c

I will buy Action Comics #1000, since when I bought Action #500 off the newstand as a kid I remember thinking how cool it will be when the title gets to #1000, and I added up the year and age I would be when it would come out, but DC screwed the timing up, so I have had to wait a little longer, but it looks like I will finally be getting my copy of Action Comics #1000 (and Tec #1000) other than that, I haven't bought moderns regularly in about 10 years or so,

I do still buy some moderns, but I admit I am not "current" with organizing it all and typically just add my new books to an empty shortbox until it is full and then start a new one.

This is horrid organization and a recent comic collection purchase showed me just how bad as the previous owner did the same as I did and trying to organize the books after is a nightmare and very time consuming.

it galvanized me to organize my own collection.

Here is the issue with all this renumbering garbage: unless I open the book and look at the indicia I have no real idea what books go with what runs especially if the main title lettering is exactly the same.

Renumbering and re-inventing has forced me to finally stop collecting titles I had been buying for many decades. Some examples:

Hulk: now that Amadeus Cho is the Hulk and yet another number 1 has been produced I decided it is the perfect time to cancel my 45 and a half years long subscription to the title. I really have no interest in how this new "totally awesome" Hulk grows up as a young teen boy. :mad:

After enduring Red Hulk, Red She Hulk, Hulk children, and different incarnations of the Hulk over the last 5-6 years I have decided I am done.

Captain America: how many other people are going to weild the shield? Now it is the Falcon and a new #1 made yet another title go bye bye.

Spider-man is possibly the worst of them all, so many new number 1's, 0.1's, and variant covers. My LCS has an entire shelf dedicated to Spider-man and I just can't be bothered anymore.

I will buy Action Comics #1000, since when I bought Action #500 off the newstand as a kid I remember thinking how cool it will be when the title gets to #1000, and I added up the year and age I would be when it would come out, but DC screwed the timing up, so I have had to wait a little longer, but it looks like I will finally be getting my copy of Action Comics #1000 (and Tec #1000) other than that, I haven't bought moderns regularly in about 10 years or so,

I hope it works out for you, but I am certain there will be 1000 variant covers: one for each book with reinvention of previous covers by current artists to celebrate the event. :P

I hope it works out for you, but I am certain there will be 1000 variant covers: one for each book with reinvention of previous covers by current artists to celebrate the event. :P

lol true, if so then I'll just pick the copy on the left.

point is, there now can't be a Tec or Action no.1,000 - not of the original vol 1 anyway

DC cancelled it... it's gone... like a fart in the wind... forever

perhaps they should pick up where they left off... they did that before

Marvel's renumbering is laughable - more number 1's than the Beatles

I do still buy some moderns, but I admit I am not "current" with organizing it all and typically just add my new books to an empty shortbox until it is full and then start a new one.

This is horrid organization and a recent comic collection purchase showed me just how bad as the previous owner did the same as I did and trying to organize the books after is a nightmare and very time consuming.

it galvanized me to organize my own collection.

Here is the issue with all this renumbering garbage: unless I open the book and look at the indicia I have no real idea what books go with what runs especially if the main title lettering is exactly the same.

Renumbering and re-inventing has forced me to finally stop collecting titles I had been buying for many decades. Some examples:

Hulk: now that Amadeus Cho is the Hulk and yet another number 1 has been produced I decided it is the perfect time to cancel my 45 and a half years long subscription to the title. I really have no interest in how this new "totally awesome" Hulk grows up as a young teen boy. :mad:

After enduring Red Hulk, Red She Hulk, Hulk children, and different incarnations of the Hulk over the last 5-6 years I have decided I am done.

Captain America: how many other people are going to weild the shield? Now it is the Falcon and a new #1 made yet another title go bye bye.

Spider-man is possibly the worst of them all, so many new number 1's, 0.1's, and variant covers. My LCS has an entire shelf dedicated to Spider-man and I just can't be bothered anymore.

Good post.

Why can't they make new heroes instead of messing with Captain America,Hulk and Spider-Man?

These changes stated above seemed to have made sales even historically lower then they already were.

point is, there now can't be a Tec or Action no.1,000 - not of the original vol 1 anyway

DC cancelled it... it's gone... like a fart in the wind... forever

perhaps they should pick up where they left off... they did that before

Marvel's renumbering is laughable - more number 1's than the Beatles

1+ You have that right! With the original volume closed, DC cannot call their 1000th issue like that because they are adding volume 2 and 3 (?) Issue numbers with volume one as part of the total.

No way. No go ... All BS, I tell you!

Only way is if DC pick up the original volume resumed back where they stopped and go from the last number.