• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"ACTION," "DETECTIVE COMICS" RETURN TO ORIGINAL NUMBERING FOR "REBIRTH"

52 posts in this topic

Action and Detective going back to their original numbers.

Also... they are going twice monthly.

New Issues (Shipping twice monthly):

ACTION COMICS #957

DETECTIVE COMICS #934

So.... finally! Or who cares?

What say you?

They should've left Action & Detective alone

any other title but those two

75 years wiped away...

2000AD and the Beano have never needed to re-start at no.1 to boost sales...

True... I agree with you. Had DC leave these 2 titles alone, they would have set a record for sure. I would be thrilled to see the 1,000 th issue from the original volume. But as we said: too late!

I believe Buzzo (?) In UK also had run still to now? Been awhile since I had read them as a boy!

Too late. They shouldn't have screwed it up in the first place. The geniuses :eyeroll: at DC can go :censored: themselves.

Agreed.

They should have never done it. It showed lack of loyalty to old time loyal fans.

The only good thing that may come of it is if Marvel goes back to the original numbering of Amazing Spider-Man and Uncanny X-men.

Question: Action is starting with #957, does this issue number include the issues since the new numbering or did the original series end with #956 a few years ago? Sorry been out of the loop with this whole change in the DC universe and was curious

Question: Action is starting with #957, does this issue number include the issues since the new numbering or did the original series end with #956 a few years ago? Sorry been out of the loop with this whole change in the DC universe and was curious

The Action Comics stopped at #904 in Oct. of 2011.

Action Comics (2nd Series) started at #1 (Nov. 2011) and goes to #50. plus #0 in 2012.

By my math 904+51=955

(shrug)

The Action Comics stopped at #904 in Oct. of 2011.

Action Comics (2nd Series) started at #1 (Nov. 2011) and goes to #50. plus #0 in 2012.

By my math 904+51=955

(shrug)

all current books are going to end with issue #52 except Justice League which ends with issue #50. they are adding the New52 books into Action Comics and Detective Comics since their the longest running books in DC.

Oh...Ah dur. That makes numbering sense......Still not liking it.

They shouldn't give out sharpies, but they could include a sheet of stickers in issue 957!

Then 5 years from now we can all discuss how we scored a #957 in a dollar bin with the sticker sheet still intact.

-Terry