• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller art 2016!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Yeah, I get that of course, but still really odd to me. I've been around a number of "celebrities" over the years. Artists, writers, film industry types and just plain uber wealthy folks that never had or felt a need for a security guard, much less two.

I get it with the A lister elite and the paparazzi psychosis that surrounds them. But Frank Miller? Comes as a bit of a shock to me, so what do I know. Good on 'em!

He's made some polarizing political stands/statements in his time. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd received threats of some sort.*

*just speculation!

Yeah, I get that of course, but still really odd to me. I've been around a number of "celebrities" over the years. Artists, writers, film industry types and just plain uber wealthy folks that never had or felt a need for a security guard, much less two.

I get it with the A lister elite and the paparazzi psychosis that surrounds them. But Frank Miller? Comes as a bit of a shock to me, so what do I know. Good on 'em!

If he keeps his artwork around it's a prudent move. Maybe he needs a bank vault...

I think Doug's flying home at the moment so I'll just chime in here.

Here's a picture from yesterday's meeting at Frank's studio with Doug and myself receiving some art from Frank. (Brian Azzarello was in town and makes a cameo).

Not sure how to embedd a photo so please check out

as well as the official Frank Miller twitter account at https://twitter.com/FrankMillerInk

I'd imagine this should clear any confusion or questions regarding the legitimacy of the art sales that Doug and I are conducting. However, if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email us as we'll be happy to answer any that you have.

All the best!

Jason Schachter

www.essentialsequential.com

I think Doug's flying home at the moment so I'll just chime in here.

Here's a picture from yesterday's meeting at Frank's studio with Doug and myself receiving some art from Frank. (Brian Azzarello was in town and makes a cameo).

Not sure how to embedd a photo so please check out

as well as the official Frank Miller twitter account at https://twitter.com/FrankMillerInk

I'd imagine this should clear any confusion or questions regarding the legitimacy of the art sales that Doug and I are conducting. However, if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to email us as we'll be happy to answer any that you have.

All the best!

Jason Schachter

www.essentialsequential.com

Man those are just stunning at that size.

Not sure how to embedd a photo

Here are the instructions, Jason. It's easy.

There are two ways to post an image:

1) Load the graphic in the post or

2) Link to an image

-------------------------

To load the image in the post::

1) Click on "Switch to Full Reply Screen"

2) Enter the text of the post

3) Click on the "File Manager" button

4) A dialog box opens

5) Enter the caption of the image

6) Click "Choose File" to pick the image that you want to show

7) Click "Done adding files"

--------------------------

To link to the CAF or other image source

If you want to show an image in your thread and you are already hosting it somewhere, e.g., Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr, Photobucket, and the CAF site, you can use the appropriate BBC codes. It's really pretty easy.

Once you have the pictures hosted, it's pretty simple:

• Go to the picture source, e.g., the CAF or your website
  • Right click on the image
  • Choose the "Copy Image URL"
  • In your CGC OA board post, choose "Switch to Full Reply Screen"
  • Choose the third icon from the left and follow the dialog box.

If you use the CAF thumbnails, you get smaller images that are easier on the reader.

See! It's easy if you have the image posted somewhere, e.g., like I said above: their own websites, CAF, Flickr, Photobucket, etc.

------

Once you do this, you'll see that you are embedding codes into your text message. The codes have a syntax like [] [/]. These are UBB codes and they are a simplified HTML tag.

You don't have to use the limited capabilities of the dialog box, you can type them in directly. Here's a link to a page on UBB codes: http://www.freebok.net/help/ubbcode.html

One of my favorite things to do is to not only show the image that I want, url, but also make it pickable, using '>, so that it goes to my site.

I've done this to this image of Superman below. If you click on it, it will take you to it in the CAF. Try it.

SupermanBySwan.jpg

Here's the syntax required:

[/b]]b]

In this case,

=http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=222850

=http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_10225/subcat_34812/SupermanBySwan.jpg

You have to be kidding, that Elektra looks like The Joker in drag.

It's called "style"

Malvin

You can call it style, but if FM's name wasn't attached to that art you would think it was a joke. That right hand and joker chin/smile are inexcusable, even for a legend.

Sorry, just my honest opinion.

If FM's name wasn't attached you'd still know it was FM. That's what style is.

Some artists work their entire lives and are not as recognizable as Miller was after just a couple of years.

While I'm not the biggest fan of FM's recent work I do appreciate his style.

I almost think he has the keenest eye when it comes to contrasting the stark black and white brush and ink image and while the characters maybe "grotesque" stylistically his ability to make the black and white image pop is like no other.

I almost think he has the keenest eye when it comes to contrasting the stark black and white brush and ink image and while the characters maybe "grotesque" stylistically his ability to make the black and white image pop is like no other.

Totally agree! Here is a perfect example of the black and white ... I would like to think at least..

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1231414&GSub=167429

Edited by RickyBobby

Always loved the choreography and fluidity of FM's fight scenes, or any action sequence, particularly in his DD run. A punch would flow into a kick which would flow into another punch. Don't think I've ever seen another artist do that as well.

Totally agree! Here is a perfect example of the black and white ... I would like to think at least..

That was a great buy! Zorro may not be a key Miller character, but it's a perfect example of his art from that period.

That's a perfect example.

That's a perfect example.

Yes it is .

That was a great buy! Zorro may not be a key Miller character, but it's a perfect example of his art from that period.

Thanks man! Not his key character but I like the fact he did a whole bunch of Zorro references in DKR.. I think Miller in a way has always had love for Zorro.. But I don't think any good opportunities were presented during this time in his career except this cover. I also don't think Miller did any indie work during this time either which means he must have gone out of his way to do the piece.

I also don't think Miller did any indie work during this time either which means he must have gone out of his way to do the piece.

He was actually working everywhere around this time period. DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Image, Wizard, Valiant, Topps plus things like Convention Program contributions etc...

I think this is one of the most successful pieces by Frank done in this extreme style. Incredible.