• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller art 2016!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Looks like Frank has been drawing again. Rob Pistella also has a recent FM batman piece in his gallery that's reminiscent of his Ronin days. I know his recent artwork has rubbed many people the wrong way but I think it's pretty strong stuff. this Elektra makes me realize how much I'd love for Frank to return to her for another story.

XsFb2evn_1502161609171.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1295186&GSub=172962

Edited by Koa

I too love seeing new (to me) Miller art!

The drawing is pretty solid, but the nipples on Elektra ruin every one of these for me. :insane:

Seriously.

I love all the extra hair and curls Frank is including on these Elektra pieces, it really helps the overall look quite a bit.

I too love seeing new (to me) Miller art!

The drawing is pretty solid, but the nipples on Elektra ruin every one of these for me. :insane:

Seriously.

To each his own, i guess. After his health issues it's really cool to see Frank is doing art again especially featuring Elektra, I love his Sin City on style of drawing and always hoped he return to hell's kitchen one more time (at least) as an artist/writer (I loved his DD:visionaries covers) but if he does draw more comics I expect they'll be Sin City or DC books so these art pieces are a wonderful treat. hope he does some Daredevil stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take (view not buy) any and all new art from Frank - he's my favorite comic artist. I've enjoyed all of his phases (even defending his current look in a recent thread). And these Elektra sketches are 20 x 30! So great to have on the wall! Just the nipples :(

Don't get me wrong, I'll take (view not buy) any and all new art from Frank - he's my favorite comic artist. I've enjoyed all of his phases (even defending his current look in a recent thread). And these Elektra sketches are 20 x 30! So great to have on the wall! Just the nipples :(

yeah, I don't see the big deal. we all have them and in light clothing they might be visible.

You have to be kidding, that Elektra looks like The Joker in drag.

It's called "style"

Malvin

You can call it style, but if FM's name wasn't attached to that art you would think it was a joke. That right hand and joker chin/smile are inexcusable, even for a legend.

Sorry, just my honest opinion.

It's called "style"

Malvin

You can call it style, but if FM's name wasn't attached to that art you would think it was a joke. That right hand and joker chin/smile are inexcusable, even for a legend.

I forgot to include the smiley face/tongue sticking out emoticon when I said "style"

Malvin

It's called "style"

Malvin

I forgot to include the smiley face/tongue sticking out emoticon when I said "style"

Malvin

Miller's name only has value because many people find value in his work.

It's self expression. miller intentionally makes the artistic choices he does, the exaggerations or intentional ugliness in order to evoke a response in the viewer. There is a more basic quality to his line that i think could be attributed to his sever health issues over the last few years.

yeah, I don't see the big deal. we all have them and in light clothing they might be visible.

I should have been more clear. I don't mind nipples in general, in fact I love them.

These are the size of the Kingpins great toe. That's what bothers me. But enough about that.

It's called "style"

Malvin

i'm with you. never been a fan of his art style. i understand the man is a legend and all , but to me his art is not aesthetically pleasing what so ever.

Personally, I prefer the art and storytelling of a younger Frank Miller than what I currently see from the man. Other than SIN CITY, I don't like anything else he has done. The rough art fits the world of his crime series but looks awkward anywhere else.

Do these sell? Are there people lining up to drop $10K for these? I am obviously not the demographic for this art as I can’t get my head around the price for what you get but I have to presume that there is a market but I am having a hard time understanding who it would be. I enjoyed Miller’s early DC and Marvel work but this does not stand up in my eyes. Are the die hard FM fans rushing to buy these?

Do these sell? Are there people lining up to drop $10K for these? I am obviously not the demographic for this art as I can’t get my head around the price for what you get but I have to presume that there is a market but I am having a hard time understanding who it would be. I enjoyed Miller’s early DC and Marvel work but this does not stand up in my eyes. Are the die hard FM fans rushing to buy these?

It just takes one!

Do these sell? Are there people lining up to drop $10K for these? I am obviously not the demographic for this art as I cant get my head around the price for what you get but I have to presume that there is a market but I am having a hard time understanding who it would be. I enjoyed Millers early DC and Marvel work but this does not stand up in my eyes. Are the die hard FM fans rushing to buy these?

to me, the art isn't the issue its more the pricing. wonky fm art some would say is better than no fm art. but pricing wonky fm art to good fm art seems :juggle:

Do these sell? Are there people lining up to drop $10K for these? I am obviously not the demographic for this art as I cant get my head around the price for what you get but I have to presume that there is a market but I am having a hard time understanding who it would be. I enjoyed Millers early DC and Marvel work but this does not stand up in my eyes. Are the die hard FM fans rushing to buy these?

to me, the art isn't the issue its more the pricing. wonky fm art some would say is better than no fm art. but pricing wonky fm art to good fm art seems :juggle:

Thanks for the concern but I can assure you they are moving just fine at the current prices.