• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller art 2016!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Do these sell? Are there people lining up to drop $10K for these? I am obviously not the demographic for this art as I can’t get my head around the price for what you get but I have to presume that there is a market but I am having a hard time understanding who it would be. I enjoyed Miller’s early DC and Marvel work but this does not stand up in my eyes. Are the die hard FM fans rushing to buy these?

It just takes one!

To buy all of them?

Do these sell? Are there people lining up to drop $10K for these? I am obviously not the demographic for this art as I can’t get my head around the price for what you get but I have to presume that there is a market but I am having a hard time understanding who it would be. I enjoyed Miller’s early DC and Marvel work but this does not stand up in my eyes. Are the die hard FM fans rushing to buy these?

There not all 10k. I'm considering buying a Miller commission (not posted here) and here's why.

Miller's DD work had a a big impact on me as stories but the artwork from that series in general does not appeal to me in single page form for various reasons. Frank has not done much art for Marvel since he evolved or de-evolved depending on your point of view during the late 80's. Specifically DD/Elektra. The DD visionaries 2 and 3 covers are two of my favorite pieces of art and if they do come to market I doubt they would sell for less than 10k. same for the DD black widow cover he did for some obscure marvel reprint book in the early 90's.

I like frank Miller's modern art. it has nothing to do with his name, it has to do with his art. FM composes art and expresses through line and shapes that often appeals to me on a visceral level that i cannot articulate.You may feel his art is and sneer at my appreciation for it, that's okay. We all need someone to look down on but Miller's work has meaning to me. I value his contributions to the art form and I see something of value, artistically in his work. If I see the right piece, i will buy it.

I like frank Miller's modern art. it has nothing to do with his name, it has to do with his art. FM composes art and expresses through line and shapes that often appeals to me on a visceral level that i cannot articulate.

Well said. I'm loving much of his exaggerated "grotesque" art as much as I enjoyed his clean, fluid works in the past. There is no doubt about his ability and accomplishments and I think you need to reach those levels before breaking the rules.

I like frank Miller's modern art. it has nothing to do with his name, it has to do with his art. FM composes art and expresses through line and shapes that often appeals to me on a visceral level that i cannot articulate.

Well said. I'm loving much of his exaggerated "grotesque" art as much as I enjoyed his clean, fluid works in the past. There is no doubt about his ability and accomplishments and I think you need to reach those levels before breaking the rules.

Ditto Koa. His art starting 'breaking down' as early as Ronin imo anyway. The space between the Wolvie LS and Ronin is rather wide stylistically. Likewise the space between DD and Wolvie LS (though not as obviously dramatic, at the time).

Took me a while to 'get' post-Wolvie Miller, equally so Mignola's mature style...but wow, once you 'get' them...it's 'art' not just workmanlike comics drawing so heavily on those that came before (e.g. Buckler, Sal B., both of whom I like too but for very different reasons).

Did it sell? I don't see it on the site?

Hi Claudio it did indeed find a new home very quickly. I have a few other batmans and ill be posting them up on Saturday once we have proper scans of the items. I just flew home from NYC today and I close on my house tomorrow. So Saturday is when ill have time to sit down and photoshop the massive 18x30 pieces into one scan.

Anyone can email me at ComicSketchArt@gmail.com until then and I am happy to send you photos of the art and provide you prices. If you cant wait until Saturday.

Doug

Dreadful.

Is that comment serious or in jest?

Oh he is serious. Lets just say Mitch and Frank dont get along and leave it at that.

But he sells or is it used to sell his art and was one of the few avenues for it. Interesting.

Dreadful.

Oh he is serious. Lets just say Mitch and Frank dont get along and leave it at that.

But he sells or is it used to sell his art and was one of the few avenues for it. Interesting.

He may sell it from time to time but that doesn't mean it comes directly from Frank.

Dreadful.

He may sell it from time to time but that doesn't mean it comes directly from Frank.

Interesting.

Dreadful.

Doug,

You know nothing about how I get along with Frank.

I have no problems with Frank. If he has a problem with me, I know nothing about it. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Frank.

There are many, many variables that come into play between Frank and I. Things you will never know.

Like I know you're getting that art from Frank's assistant. You're not dealing with Frank directly, regardless what you might say.

Dreadful.

Doug,

I have no problems with Frank. If he has a problem with me, I know nothing about it. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Frank.

There are many, many variables that come into play between Frank and I. Things you will never know.

Like I know you're getting that art from Frank's assistant. You're not dealing with Frank directly, regardless what you might say.

Frank would have to approve it or it would be theft. Thus, that's from Frank.

Dreadful.

Doug,

Frank would have to approve it or it would be theft. Thus, that's from Frank.

You would actually be incorrect sir. But to each his own Mitch lol