• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller art 2016!
1 1

91 posts in this topic

ABF17209-AB99-4A3A-970C-96B82CA263EB_zpswspohhga.jpg

Here is a cool one Frank gave me this morning to list for him.

I dig it.

Not feeling this one at all. Give Bats a cane and Mr. Natural beard...I may change my mind lol

I understand. Again, I'm just happy to see new (to me) art from Frank, so this is a great time for me, because I don't mind his new style, and there seems to be more than ever available to view.

ABF17209-AB99-4A3A-970C-96B82CA263EB_zpswspohhga.jpg

Here is a cool one Frank gave me this morning to list for him.

I dig it.

Not feeling this one at all. Give Bats a cane and Mr. Natural beard...I may change my mind lol

I understand. Again, I'm just happy to see new (to me) art from Frank, so this is a great time for me, because I don't mind his new style, and there seems to be more than ever available to view.

There were actually a couple Batmans Frank passed along this time. Though they have mostly all found new homes already. So ill let the owners decide to share them if they want.

I do want to thank Grails for sending the Jock Original DK3 #1 cover over. Frank was very happy when he heard that you were willing to allow him the chance to add it to his collection.

Dreadful.

Is that comment serious or in jest?

Oh he is serious. Lets just say Mitch and Frank dont get along and leave it at that.

Doug,

You know nothing about how I get along with Frank.

I have no problems with Frank. If he has a problem with me, I know nothing about it. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Frank.

There are many, many variables that come into play between Frank and I. Things you will never know.

Like I know you're getting that art from Frank's assistant. You're not dealing with Frank directly, regardless what you might say.

I really like that Batman & Carrie piece, the more Dark knight I see, the more it grows on me.

Doug (or Mitch),

do know if the assistant is contributing to the art being sold? Are the pieces confirmed to be 100% by Frank? This may have been covered elsewhere, but with Frank's health issues I hope you don't mind confirming.

It's very interesting to me that Frank wanted that Jock cover. (It's the head shot of Batman, correct?). It looks almost identical to Frank's art. That was my favorite non-Miller variant. Cool.

I was (by far) my favorite of the DK3 covers.

It's very interesting to me that Frank wanted that Jock cover. (It's the head shot of Batman, correct?). It looks almost identical to Frank's art. That was my favorite non-Miller variant. Cool.

I was (by far) my favorite of the DK3 covers.

Agreed.

Dreadful.

Is that comment serious or in jest?

Oh he is serious. Lets just say Mitch and Frank dont get along and leave it at that.

Doug,

You know nothing about how I get along with Frank.

I have no problems with Frank. If he has a problem with me, I know nothing about it. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Frank.

There are many, many variables that come into play between Frank and I. Things you will never know.

Like I know you're getting that art from Frank's assistant. You're not dealing with Frank directly, regardless what you might say.

I really like that Batman & Carrie piece, the more Dark knight I see, the more it grows on me.

Doug (or Mitch),

do know if the assistant is contributing to the art being sold? Are the pieces confirmed to be 100% by Frank? This may have been covered elsewhere, but with Frank's health issues I hope you don't mind confirming.

These are 100% from Frank he is in the room each and every time they are handed to me or Jason (most times they are handed to us directly by Frank). He picks out which ones to give us and lets us know what he wants for them. We see him 1-3 times a month in person in his studio and each time he is very active and engaging in conversation about anything we want to talk about. From Disneys Frozen to Dark Knight.

Also I should point out that Frank does not have an assistant, whoever is spreading that rumor is obviously far more removed from Franks everyday life than most. He is indeed his own man these days. The closest he has to an assistant are his two security guards.

The closest he has to an assistant are his two security guards.

A comic artist with security guards?

What's that about?

When you are filthy rich, you need security.

That or you risk kidnapping, blackmail, murder, etc.

The closest he has to an assistant are his two security guards.

A comic artist with security guards?

What's that about?

Comic artist, comic writer, screen writer, film director, producer, etc etc etc.

Frank stopped being just an artist a long long time ago.

Yeah, I get that of course, but still really odd to me. I've been around a number of "celebrities" over the years. Artists, writers, film industry types and just plain uber wealthy folks that never had or felt a need for a security guard, much less two.

I get it with the A lister elite and the paparazzi psychosis that surrounds them. But Frank Miller? Comes as a bit of a shock to me, so what do I know. Good on 'em!

There were actually a couple Batmans Frank passed along this time. Though they have mostly all found new homes already. So ill let the owners decide to share them if they want.

I do want to thank Grails for sending the Jock Original DK3 #1 cover over. Frank was very happy when he heard that you were willing to allow him the chance to add it to his collection.

My pleasure Doug, thanks again.