• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Keene are you? Show us your Katy comics!
3 3

100 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

One more for now, I know it's silver, but it's a relatively short run. 

#54, highest graded, and graded before we discovered Newton Rings;)

847762967_katykeene54cgc.thumb.jpg.a993dd361a8e35acecdf5fc4dfd99239.jpg

What happened, did the series abandon its humor format?

5 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

How can a six year old marry? :whatthe:

I never paid much attention to the scandalous "How can a six year old girl marry?" blurb on the cover so I had to look.  Katy's manager Danny is getting married to his fiance Tammy.  They go to get their marriage license and she tells them she's 6 years old.  She says she's a leap year baby so she's only had six birthdays.  We can all breathe a sigh of relief that there was no scandal in Katy's world.  I'm sure they wanted readers to think that Sis was marrying Jerry Lee Lewis or something.

2 minutes ago, lotemo said:

I never paid much attention to the scandalous "How can a six year old girl marry?" blurb on the cover so I had to look.  Katy's manager Danny is getting married to his fiance Tammy.  They go to get their marriage license and she tells them she's 6 years old.  She says she's a leap year baby so she's only had six birthdays.  We can all breathe a sigh of relief that there was no scandal in Katy's world.  I'm sure they wanted readers to think that Sis was marrying Jerry Lee Lewis or something.

Great balls of Fire, Jerry's wife was at least 13 ;) 

I found one more I scanned ...doesn't seem to be listed on the census at all, so I guess it's 1 of 1

802716909_katykeene17cgc.jpg.5c128a8baf27fd97898694383bbf0eb6.jpg

49 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Katy Keene 14, highest and only graded last time I looked., 

44072816_katykeene140001.thumb.jpg.e59e0d6e95af03dd797d86d38dad50d1.jpg

I've always loved this cover.  Not the gag so much but it has such a 1950's feel about it to me.

Thanks for bringing this thread to life!

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I found one more I scanned ...doesn't seem to be listed on the census at all, so I guess it's 1 of 1

I'm not surprised it's the only one graded. The teens are the rarest ones, esp. ones like 12-14.

Completists need to remember the two early issues of Archie Giant Series devoted to Katy. I should probably get around to looking at my absolute best copies. Some are probably Woggon file copies.

29 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

I'm not surprised it's the only one graded. The teens are the rarest ones, esp. ones like 12-14.

Completists need to remember the two early issues of Archie Giant Series devoted to Katy. I should probably get around to looking at my absolute best copies. Some are probably Woggon file copies.

You are the expert,  (worship)you found me the last book I needed in the series, the #2,  I have a new computer so I can't find the scan, but I'll scan it again.

Thanks, Dwayne.

I was hesitating to post these because they are SA, but really hesitating because of the horrendous Newton Rings (plus the #62 came with a scratch...I think quality control is resting or something. I have a PM to someone and I'll be calling tomorrow or Tuesday and I have not called for years.

Almost all the books in this submission have some newton rings, these are the worst and they are horrible. The #62 has a scratch as well.  

692845795_katykeene62cgc0001.thumb.jpg.ea95f77446b74e8d5609c5e72a264105.jpg

#53 is bad

1861516777_katykeene530001.thumb.jpg.351f97896e5104ddbfe0dcfca3308c04.jpg

and so is 55

61190825_katykeene550001.thumb.jpg.682ce02b36502ace0e985f3a263b48a1.jpg