• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Your Suscha's

97 posts in this topic

I won't show the 9.4s and the miswraps. :shy:

That's a great strategy!

For some of the Suscha Picture Frames I snagged, I had to take what I could get. Most of them had respectable centering, but there were one or two that made me wonder if the guy running the printing press was drunk.

I think he sobered up for this book. Or maybe he just got lucky.

D2dL93.jpg

Did they definitively only buy one copy of each book?

I remember seeing something in GPA that would be kind of sad if they did.

Some books definitely had more than one copy I think a few may have had three or more.

Mentioned it earlier. I have both Conan 19s. One slabbed, one raw.

I wonder whether the Silver part of the collection was also purchased new, or secondhand. There were some very nice books.

I think the early years were a combination. He definitely mentioned getting a couple big keys like AF15 and FF5 from a friend for 5 cents a piece!

He states by 1968 he had about a thousand books so I think its a safe guess most were purchased at the newsstand. looking at your copy there I would bet he is original owner of that one. Second hand books in these collection seem to rarely share the preservation of the original owner books like this one does.

In any event that is a beauty and one of those ultra cool under the radar Kirby covers. The blue wraparound is almost like a predecessor to the marvel picture frame books.