• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

Posted this in marketplace but probably belongs here.

I know the dust hasn't settled from the February auction but the May auction already has a Calvin and Hobbes daily. No image or date up yet so it will be interesting to see the quality of the strip.

Oh, and look: A Romita (or Kane/Romita) ASM cover just popped up:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/gil-kane-and-john-romita-sr-amazing-spider-man-151-cover-original-art-marvel-1975-/p/7137-16002.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Preview-BrowseSearchResults-120115&lotPosition=0

I'm a nitwit for not thinking of the Ditko ASM 33 homage before.

What do people think the hammer will be on it? $40k, $50k, higher? (shrug)

Given what some other small art Romita and Kane Romita covers have gone for recently, I'd take the over on that.

What do people think the hammer will be on it? $40k, $50k, higher? (shrug)

Remember how you said FMV seemed to be your estimate x 2 in the past HA auction? :tonofbricks: I think that your rule of thumb holds here :busy:

I might have agreed with that before seeing the scan but IMHO it presents especially nicely and IMO there will be a considerable premium for how good it looks

Could this be a placeholder scan? The top left and bottom right (of the 2nd pic- with the paper area outside the art image) make it look like it's from a printed copy. My eyes are going bad though.

65K?

I'll see your 65k and raise you TWO Micronauts covers.

Two New Voyages covers!!! Wow, someone is not up to date on market value...this would be a very Nostalgic Investment for someone.... :takeit: