• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

I need some advice. I received my art today and I am extremely happy but on one of the pieces the description stated "There is slight tanning in the margins and some edge/corner wear, however, the image area is in Excellent condition."

Upon inspection, the art is actually stained by something and the stain has dripped down into the art area a little bit and is actually on some of the art. It is not terrible and wouldn't be noticed on first glance but with any decent look at the piece it should have been clear. My question is what do I do? I am keeping the piece and, as I said, the stain isn't bad at all but I think it absolutely should have been mentioned as it is in the art area and on the art. Opinions are greatly appreciated.

That's tough. You've bid with a poor description but their only remedy would be a refund, which you don't want.

Pics?

For the most part Id say either you keep the money or you keep the item. You want the item so they keep your money.

I also didn't realize that they apply comic grading terminology to art. I bought a page that was described as "good condition" and it had creases, but the fine print mean "good" was like grading a comic, which of course is pretty crappy in the grand scheme of things.

Malvin

I also didn't realize that they apply comic grading terminology to art. I bought a page that was described as "good condition" and it had creases, but the fine print mean "good" was like grading a comic, which of course is pretty crappy in the grand scheme of things.

Malvin

hm

:idea: I think I'm going to take the same approach when next I update my dating profile: Relationship - good condition.