• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake stan lee signature? / ebay seller?

12 posts in this topic

You should google other signatures and see if they look the same

It could be real, but no guarantee since it isn't slabbed. The one thing that throws me off is that it is signed in blue. I've only seen Stan sign in blue when it was for the Hero Inititive:

IMG_2286_zpsdeb4902d.jpg

Stan will generally sign in any color requested during a private signing. It is possible that the item was signed in that setting. As he signs more than just comics at those events.

All I can say is that I looked on his previous sales on eBay stand signature at the time when these were available were $100 he selling these for less than $100 and the cost for it was 20 or $25 so it's hard to believe that a person would except a loss of that much to in my eyes they're fake

Ask to see the Authentication sticker. Since a year or two ago, Stan Lee Collectibles won't let anything go without either CGC or getting a holographic sticker on it. It does look shady, a little too much like the little logo, and his signature's gotten worse, less and less like that logo.