• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Rosebud - Venom: Lethal Protector white cover
1 1

52 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

I still say we burn it and snort it. All the cool kids are itching for some of that new drug on the mean streets... White Venom!

(Sounds like something Crockett and Tubbs are chasing down in Miami Vice.)

White Venom is the next Heisenberg specialty, no doubt. Or the next hair-metal band. 

:whatthe:

I always thought that book was a myth. Want so hard...but could never spend what it's worth.

Now, a red foil in CGC 10.0 or even 9.9 would be wonderful. I used to own a 9.9 but I sold it. Still kicking myself over that one. I loved that book when it came out. Collected and read the whole mini-series.

18 minutes ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Overkill?  Like too many pictures?  This is like a sasquatch sighting or something, never too many pics lol

Jerome

I meant the grade. I had never seen the book before, so I didn't expect the grade to be so high. I saw the scan of the 9.6 on recalled comics a while back but I thought it was a 9.0 because I hadn't seen it in so long.

I can remember seeing a "9.8" on eBay many years ago for about $400. Wish I had have bought it.

I remember seeing a lot of comics years ago for a lot less though. Wish I had a Delorean and could go back and buy them :)

4 hours ago, Chipewah said:

I can remember seeing a "9.8" on eBay many years ago for about $400. Wish I had have bought it.

I remember seeing a lot of comics years ago for a lot less though. Wish I had a Delorean and could go back and buy them :)

The "power of love" song was on the radio when I read this post; good times

I remember seeing some more recently but didn't know that it was any kind of error, so I got some information.

It's hard to flip through all these Lethal Protector's knowing that I see Sam de la Rosa at every con here in Dallas always with more of them and doing sketch cover's. I've stopped to talk with him about it, he seems decent enough, I'm just surprised so many people want him to sketch on this cover. I guess if the price is right?

On 4/24/2017 at 9:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The "power of love" song was on the radio when I read this post; good times

I remember seeing some more recently but didn't know that it was any kind of error, so I got some information.

It's hard to flip through all these Lethal Protector's knowing that I see Sam de la Rosa at every con here in Dallas always with more of them and doing sketch cover's. I've stopped to talk with him about it, he seems decent enough, I'm just surprised so many people want him to sketch on this cover. I guess if the price is right?

I saw Sam at FanExpo Dallas this year and he was a real chill guy.  We chatted for a while and even found out that we go to the same gym in San Antonio.  (I think I played a pickup game of basketball against him!)  Anyway, at the last minute I decided against having him sketch on my Lethal Protector and instead had him remarque a Maximum Clonage: Alpha for my (non-graded) collection.  

He's got a sense of humor too: a guy next to me asked for him to autograph the program, Sam ended up sketching a Venom face onto Batman and wrote a "Sorry Jim!" note to Jim Lee who was going to sign the program later.

10 hours ago, Likwid6 said:

I saw Sam at FanExpo Dallas this year and he was a real chill guy.  We chatted for a while and even found out that we go to the same gym in San Antonio.  (I think I played a pickup game of basketball against him!)  Anyway, at the last minute I decided against having him sketch on my Lethal Protector and instead had him remarque a Maximum Clonage: Alpha for my (non-graded) collection.  

He's got a sense of humor too: a guy next to me asked for him to autograph the program, Sam ended up sketching a Venom face onto Batman and wrote a "Sorry Jim!" note to Jim Lee who was going to sign the program later.

I remember the first con I ever went to, I talked to Sam. He is a good guy. Since then everytime that I see him at a con I wish him well lol He's probably like, "buy something else!" ha. I bought some posters from him, which he signed and offer to sketch. I got a a head sketch of Wolverine and I asked him to draw Wolverine smoking haha he thought that was funny :) very personable.

Good idea getting the program signed :) although they were fragile and with the crowds on Saturday my brother had to point out his was in perfect shape and mine had tears, wrinkles, like I had crumpled it up---a bit stressful on Saturday's!