• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, kevhtx said:

But all these "exclusive" covers are sold based on print run, these are no different. So to question it is irrelevant because you could question every pre-order not just this book or this artist. It seems to happen often and every time we could see this happen when theres a sale. Even in the JSC thread it seems to happen from time to time.

So, the point is, if you dont want this book, dont buy it. If you dont want the info, ignore it. You guys aren't knights in shining armor swooping in saving all the damsel in distresses from the evil dragon who is breathing fire on everyone. So he kept the other members up to date about how fast they were selling, BFD. He was right and BP sold out. Do they have agreements with other sites? Who the hell knows, but he doesn't work for BP and just because he gave us updates doesn't me he should be crucified because he cant or doesn't answer people's accusations/speculations. After the way some shot questions at him, I don't blame him. 

Did any of you buy the books or have interest or did you just want to crucify someone? In this case, because the Mattina virgin sold out within minutes a couple weeks ago, I believe he was doing the other users a service in letting us know how fast the sales were going. If you weren't interested in buying the book, Im not sure what the purpose of this is.

This deserves a +1.

-J.

21 hours ago, kevhtx said:

But all these "exclusive" covers are sold based on print run, these are no different. So to question it is irrelevant because you could question every pre-order not just this book or this artist. It seems to happen often and every time we could see this happen when theres a sale. Even in the JSC thread it seems to happen from time to time.

So, the point is, if you dont want this book, dont buy it. If you dont want the info, ignore it. You guys aren't knights in shining armor swooping in saving all the damsel in distresses from the evil dragon who is breathing fire on everyone. So he kept the other members up to date about how fast they were selling, BFD. He was right and BP sold out. Do they have agreements with other sites? Who the hell knows, but he doesn't work for BP and just because he gave us updates doesn't me he should be crucified because he cant or doesn't answer people's accusations/speculations. After the way some shot questions at him, I don't blame him. 

Did any of you buy the books or have interest or did you just want to crucify someone? In this case, because the Mattina virgin sold out within minutes a couple weeks ago, I believe he was doing the other users a service in letting us know how fast the sales were going. If you weren't interested in buying the book, Im not sure what the purpose of this is.

The Mattina Metal #4 cover swipe sold out on TCM in about 4 minutes. 

But in all honesty, I do appreciate the heads up Fred has given us and have been able to get some books I'd probably never have had the chance to. I took a trip to the store last year when I was up in NY to get some Dell'Otto books in hand because I was not 100% sure about buying online at the time and ensuring a high grade book (I was also new to grading books and have learned over the past year what to spot on a book thankfully). I was able to meet Hank and he was wonderful and helpful. I have been speaking with Fred for a few months now and had the chance to meet him in person this last visit to NY for NYCC. Both him and Hank are true fans of the art work. Let's try and get back to the reason for this thread and we can give each other a heads up on newly released info when the time comes. Can't we all just get along (shrug)

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

How would we know?

FYI, they have a mystery box Dell Otto up now.

IMG_5849.PNG

Your point, since you’re still on a witch hunt? I asked Hank can I post it here and he let me post it before he posted it on FB and I shared the reverse Flash cover. Geez let it go! I haven’t even been responding for a couple days.

DB3DE6F8-D536-4D50-B7D2-163FE8985DD1.thumb.jpeg.fc7d729173fba8abeb45de703c01436b.jpeg

5 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Finally got this bad boy back from Doug and the rest of his crew at ComicSketchArt.  Missed the boat on the Venom Alpha #1 presale...hopefully get one down the road when the prices cool off on ebay.

20171202_210612.jpg

Congrats! I’m still waiting for mine. How long before I ping him?

3 minutes ago, Sooners151 said:

Picked up this illustration he did with colored pencils.  Even when it's just a quicker sketch and not a full blown painting, he does great work!

DellOttoSpiderMan.jpg

Very nice piece! Always loved his Spider-Man ‘s on the black background. Owned one for a little while.

7 hours ago, Sooners151 said:

Picked up this illustration he did with colored pencils.  Even when it's just a quicker sketch and not a full blown painting, he does great work!

DellOttoSpiderMan.jpg

His pastels on black paper are gorgeous.  Only a true master of lighting effects could pull these off so consistently well.   I would love to get one by him of Spider-man in his black suit.  

-J.

46 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

His pastels on black paper are gorgeous.  Only a true master of lighting effects could pull these off so consistently well.   I would love to get one by him of Spider-man in his black suit.  

-J.

Well this one is up for sale right now by Dell'Otto, but since it's published (Wizard #230)....it has a published cover asking price.  o.O  It's gorgeous though (not the best scan)

spider man black wizard.jpg