• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I've got a thing for Dell'Ottos Spiderman art. I've been extremely fortunate to acquire some truley great lithographs from all over world . I love every piece. I hope you guys do too:

IMG_7085.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

IMG_7153.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

IMG_8052.JPG

IMG_8058.JPG

IMG_8163.PNG

IMG_8475.JPG

IMG_8481.JPG

IMG_2706.JPG

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_6864.JPG

These are just awesome! (worship)

And here I thought I was a super-fan.  

-J.

So a bit of inside info on Bulletproof Dell’Otto Metal Covers.

its a new year let the past stay in the past 

The bloody Metal 5 convention variant got nixed and instead yours truly suggested to Hank an all black cover for a Dark Multiverse variant. Well an approved version came close, a black cover is gonna make 9.8s rare highly suggest you buy the cgc ss 9.8s for the guarantee. Site says will be available late February.

Here’s the image Hank got it late last night.

5A2D91E0-5DFC-40D6-A2B6-18160A36AA68.thumb.jpeg.181c8135aaac0e07f7986d153c3249e6.jpeg

I got this at my LCS, which had 2 or more copies and I snagged the last one, even with the state sales tax it was cheaper than any on ebay..... speaking of which, there are already graded copies, even though it says release of 2/18 lol, but there are only 2 graded. I know this is a 1:50, but did it cost this much when they first came out? or were they available elsewhere for cheaper?

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

Congrats! Still waiting for mine. Yes it was a commission Dell’Otto did at LSCC in 2017.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Clarity

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I got this at my LCS, which had 2 or more copies and I snagged the last one, even with the state sales tax it was cheaper than any on ebay..... speaking of which, there are already graded copies, even though it says release of 2/18 lol, but there are only 2 graded. I know this is a 1:50, but did it cost this much as they first came out? or were they available elsewhere for cheaper?

Yes, historically the cover date was to tell retailers that's when to take them off the shelf. If I'm not mistaken.

Not sure what you mean by the price. Yes, it was selling for $100 pre-sale / release. But, of course that's not what a retailer pays for it.

The Spider-Man cover has been selling for more and it's not out yet.

16 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, historically the cover date was to tell retailers that's when to take them off the shelf. If I'm not mistaken.

Not sure what you mean by the price. Yes, it was selling for $100 pre-sale / release. But, of course that's not what a retailer pays for it.

The Spider-Man cover has been selling for more and it's not out yet.

AH thanks! That fills me in enough! I don't follow all the articles or what not.... so I wasn't up to date on everything.

That was what I was curious about, was if I had over payed, or at least had paid some kind of premium for not being up to date on everything. I did ask about the Spider-man one, and they didn't really have an answer, so you told me more than my LCS was able to lol 

I just remember seeing something on here about this as a commission and liking it, then the rumors were it was to be published, so when I saw it in store my mind questioned what I remembered..... I'm still glad that I got it :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 hours ago, Polirer said:

So a bit of inside info on Bulletproof Dell’Otto Metal Covers.

its a new year let the past stay in the past 

The bloody Metal 5 convention variant got nixed and instead yours truly suggested to Hank an all black cover for a Dark Multiverse variant. Well an approved version came close, a black cover is gonna make 9.8s rare highly suggest you buy the cgc ss 9.8s for the guarantee. Site says will be available late February.

Here’s the image Hank got it late last night.

5A2D91E0-5DFC-40D6-A2B6-18160A36AA68.thumb.jpeg.181c8135aaac0e07f7986d153c3249e6.jpeg

Thanks Polirer!

I think I might like this version a little better too.

-J.

Ah I also see that the Spider-Man will be Venom Inc "omega" #1. I would love to follow closely all the modern stuff......it just seems daunting sometimes, but I am grateful for all the knowledge on the boards. I see the Spiderman does look like classic Dell Otto. :)

They almost look like connecting covers... but glad to have this venom, as Dell Otto has done a lot of venom lately, and this is my one and only....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah I also see that the Spider-Man will be Venom Inc "omega" #1. I would love to follow closely all the modern stuff......it just seems daunting sometimes, but I am grateful for all the knowledge on the boards. I see the Spiderman does look like classic Dell Otto. :)

They almost look like connecting covers... but glad to have this venom, as Dell Otto has done a lot of venom lately, and this is my one and only....

Nice pick up! :applause:

-J.