• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Woohoo! Just got some grades back on a bunch of Dell'Otto covers. Some 9.6s, but mostly 9.8s and I got 9.8s on my Batman/Superman #7 and my GI Joe Muzzle Flash Edition. 

Congrats Kev!!!!

9 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Congrats Kev!!!!

Thanks, I bought the S/B7 as 9.6 blue slab and the GI Joe as a raw NM. I thought they both had potential to be 9.8. So, had them pressed before grading. So glad I did that. I almost bought another S/B7 (raw) to have signed at the same time. I am kicking myself now. I think it was a 9.8 candidate too.

Edited by kevhtx

5 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Thanks, I bought the S/B7 as 9.6 blue slab and the GI Joe as a raw NM. I thought they both had potential to be 9.8. So, had them pressed before grading. So glad I did that. I almost bought another S/B7 (raw) to have signed at the same time. I am kicking myself now. I think it was a 9.8 candidate too.

Yea Bud, I think I bought and sold four sb7 over the years. Finally got a really good copy that I had pressed and it came back a 9.6. Sent it to get signed had it pressed again and it came back a 9.8. So you never know my friend.

1 minute ago, Polirer said:

Yea Bud, I think I bought and sold four sb7 over the years. Finally got a really good copy that I had pressed and it came back a 9.6. Sent it to get signed had it pressed again and it came back a 9.8. So you never know my friend.

I think its the cover that made me love his covers. Might be my favorite of his or at least near the top.

20 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Finally got around to open some recent orders..... more virgin goodness (thumbsu

20180109_205317.jpg

20180109_205604.jpg

Very nice.  His stuff looks so awesome virgin.  More like legit works of art/prints than just comic books.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

6 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Woohoo! Just got some grades back on a bunch of Dell'Otto covers. Some 9.6s, but mostly 9.8s and I got 9.8s on my Batman/Superman #7 and my GI Joe Muzzle Flash Edition. 

Congrats....still looking for that Muzzle Flash Variant myself but copies I've seen online had obvious flaws.  

14 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Congrats....still looking for that Muzzle Flash Variant myself but copies I've seen online had obvious flaws.  

I actually found mine on the CBSI shops. Someone had the regular GI Joe Civil War Dell'Otto B cover and Muzzle Flash version. They were decent price too. So I snagged them. Glad I did.

Insider info Metal 4 con var reverse flash should be going on sale this Monday I believe at noon and I believe there will be a limit of one per person.

Be careful someone on eBay is selling these already at 24.99 plus shipping from Hong Kong. This is below the price Bulletproof will sell it for. They’ve sold 47. We believe these to be counterfeits. 

4 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I actually found mine on the CBSI shops. Someone had the regular GI Joe Civil War Dell'Otto B cover and Muzzle Flash version. They were decent price too. So I snagged them. Glad I did.

Is the muzzle flash version a low print run? Not a fan of the green cover personally.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, Subby1938 said:

I'll tell you a duh moment I had last year guy from Italy lists two original sketches by Dell'Otto in pencil . Both were small but very early stuff 2003-2006ish. He offered both to me off eBay for $ 180.00 Canadian I said no I just wanted Spiderman . He went ahead with his auction , Spidey got North of $ 400.00 on his own. What a dumb move that was. One I regret because it was cool image of his head and very early piece.

Just out of curiosity, did you know about this? Seems like its right up your alley if not.

4 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I'm confused did I do something ?

Not that I know of..... the person who quoted you had a link on the word "this" to a Dell Otto book.... I think since you missed out on sketches he wanted to let you see the sketch book that would be right up your alley? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM