• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

In all seriousness, it's starting to snow here in Dallas. I'm in a good mood and have been kind of gabby tonight. Anyway, hope I'm not taken the wrong way. I'm expecting a package tomorrow and all is cheerful. :foryou:

On 1/11/2018 at 11:47 AM, Avi said:

Is the muzzle flash version a low print run? Not a fan of the green cover personally.

Im not sure of the number, but I bet its low. They dont come up often.

Edited by kevhtx

So not sure if any of you saw this Unkown comics is reusing the X-23 #1 art as a virgin X-Men red 1. 

Presale starts tonight at 7 pm.

Raw 19.99

cgc 9.8 99.99

cgc ss 169.99

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WILL DO TO THE ORIGINAL?

EE200444-EB96-4864-B9FA-8747F86FAD52.thumb.png.d391c7c2b85816af4b5711276bf7e18c.png

That seems odd to me. Wasn't that art for an official Marvel ratio variant? If so, wouldn't Marvel own the right to use it for a comic cover? I don't know it just seems odd to me, but oh well. I don't know the business behind how those deals work with the artist and the publishers for the artwork.

This seems like it would be done rather often for exclusive store covers (like the JSC La Mole covers).

50 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

That seems odd to me. Wasn't that art for an official Marvel ratio variant? If so, wouldn't Marvel own the right to use it for a comic cover? I don't know it just seems odd to me, but oh well. I don't know the business behind how those deals work with the artist and the publishers for the artwork.

This seems like it would be done rather often for exclusive store covers (like the JSC La Mole covers).

Depends on the contract, and sometimes the contract after the contract.

4 minutes ago, revat said:

Depends on the contract, and sometimes the contract after the contract.

Im sure. But, seems like the big publishers would have standard ones that they would follow and certain things would be huge deal breakers. And seems like one would be that they wouldnt want the art they use be used by other companies on covers. I don't know, just seems odd to me, but I guess its not the case here.

17 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Im sure. But, seems like the big publishers would have standard ones that they would follow and certain things would be huge deal breakers. And seems like one would be that they wouldnt want the art they use be used by other companies on covers. I don't know, just seems odd to me, but I guess its not the case here.

I agree, its odd.  I think you rightly assume the standard contract wouldn't allow for this type of thing.  This seems like an exception, or possibly a second deal negotiated later.... for the right price

3 hours ago, Polirer said:

So not sure if any of you saw this Unkown comics is reusing the X-23 #1 art as a virgin X-Men red 1. 

Presale starts tonight at 7 pm.

Raw 19.99

cgc 9.8 99.99

cgc ss 169.99

WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WILL DO TO THE ORIGINAL?

EE200444-EB96-4864-B9FA-8747F86FAD52.thumb.png.d391c7c2b85816af4b5711276bf7e18c.png

Well, the Supergirl German Turner variant is still selling for $1,800 in 9.8 format. The Aspen comics virgin of that cover that was released this year (and much better looking frankly) is only about $250 in 9.8. So if that's any indication, I doubt it'll affect it too much.

Might also be a good time to buy it as people may panic flip it for cheaper.

What I wonder though is it says only 1000 released online. Does this mean another 2000 will be released at conventions?

Edited by Tnexus

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

thought about the unknowncomicbooks.com but sold out they are :) 

Wow I’m surprised! I bought a raw one! They raised the price from the morning email to the evening emails by $5.00 for the raw. 

I also wonder what the actual print run is as it said 1,000 online. 

1 minute ago, Polirer said:

Wow I’m surprised! I bought a raw one! They raised the price from the morning email to the evening emails by $5.00 for the raw. 

They're now on ebay at twice the price 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=x+23+1+dell+otto&_sacat=0

4 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Well, the Supergirl German Turner variant is still selling for $1,800 in 9.8 format. The Aspen comics virgin of that cover that was released this year (and much better looking frankly) is only about $250 in 9.8. So if that's any indication, I doubt it'll affect it too much.

Might also be a good time to buy it as people may panic flip it for cheaper.

What I wonder though is it says only 1000 released online. Does this mean another 2000 will be released at conventions?

Yeah they reprint well selling noveau-classic modern covers all the time and it hasn't affected any adversely that I know of yet.  In fact, it seems to often cause  price spike as people realize there's an original and try to chase it.  

-J.

6 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Well, the Supergirl German Turner variant is still selling for $1,800 in 9.8 format. The Aspen comics virgin of that cover that was released this year (and much better looking frankly) is only about $250 in 9.8.

:facepalm: :screwy: :sick:

8 hours ago, Polirer said:

From what I understood on FB, 1000 is the print run. This x-men red 1 dell’otto was only going to be sold on unknowns website starting yesterday, and once they sold out that’s it. Glad I got one too!

2 hours ago, rogue14 said:

From what I understood on FB, 1000 is the print run. This x-men red 1 dell’otto was only going to be sold on unknowns website starting yesterday, and once they sold out that’s it. Glad I got one too!

Everywhere said "1,000 available online". Not sure why they would add the "online" if there was only 1,000 total.

19 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Everywhere said "1,000 available online". Not sure why they would add the "online" if there was only 1,000 total.

They have a brick and mortar store in TX, maybe they have some additional for sale in it. 

Edited by GaSouthernGrad

28 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

We finally agree! I asked the owner on a Facebook group we’re both a part of so far no answer of course!