• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

As per Bulletproof Facebook : 

Bulletproof is proud to present Action #1000 painted by one of the greatest modern masters of our generation, Gabriele Dell'Otto! Available in Color and Virgin. Convention Ed.pending approval. Presale next Tuesday March 13th @ Noon EST.

This one is nice, Not sure how much Superman he has done. I will definitely be picking up a few of these.

@Stephen H He hasn't done nearly enough Superman. This is a definite buy for me as a Superman fan. Hopefully getting my Superman #50s back in the next few months. That and Justice League #1 (Rebirth - 2016) are the only recent works he's done with Superman that I recall. 

47 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

@Stephen H He hasn't done nearly enough Superman. This is a definite buy for me as a Superman fan. Hopefully getting my Superman #50s back in the next few months. That and Justice League #1 (Rebirth - 2016) are the only recent works he's done with Superman that I recall. 

Forgot about the #50......that didn't come Virgin did it?

1 minute ago, obsidian00 said:

There is also going to be a convention variant of this.   Wonder which one would be the one to get at the end of the day? hm

We shall wait and see! It maybe what I shared with @MDR123. Care to share with everyone your tease photo for your birthday?

4 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

:baiting:Come on Fred....give it up...  Btw I'm thinking Superman with glowing red eyes ?  

There won’t be any more add ins like swords or color changes, can’t share why. If Max wants to share his early bday gift, that’s on him.

@Stephen H Nope, #50 came in 2 versions though. The muted color and an almost grayscale version with some red hues. Both had title cards though. Im sure the art itself must be out there somewhere however with the companion Batman #50 without title indica and it looks beautiful. 

Did anybody get shipping notification on spectacular Spider-Man 300? I ordered from amorphous and it said early march ... nothing yet...

cant wait to see my first dell Otto in person 

IMG_3464.PNG

1 hour ago, MDR123 said:

@Tec-Tac-Toe But how frequently does he do Superman work? 

It does not matter how frequently Dell'Otto draws Superman, it is just that, to restate, unfortunately, I just find this work to be blah.

7 hours ago, jason4 said:

Did anybody get shipping notification on spectacular Spider-Man 300? I ordered from amorphous and it said early march ... nothing yet...

IMG_3464.PNG

This one is great! I ordered, but my LCS handled for me so I am not cc'd on tracking. I will let you know if I get it though. Ordered 2 sets I believe. 

10 hours ago, MDR123 said:

@Tec-Tac-Toe Which is fine. I'm not trying to make you like something you don't just simply stating another fact about his works. Overall, I like it. 

I agree; I would like to like it but ...

Edit: Having visited the BC website, I note that the print run for the virgin cover of this comic book is 1500, up from, I believe, the always standard BC 1000 run, and the price is $45.00 which is an increase, if I recall correctly, from $30, $35, and $40 for BC's virgin covers over, roughly, the last two years.

Of course, BC can print as many copies and charge per copy as it wishes.

Action #1000 Dell 'Otto Virgin Variant

The monumental issue painted by perhaps the grandest cover artist of our generation, Gabriele Dell'Otto!  Bulletproof is proud to present Action #1000
Limited to  1500 print run. Note: Pre-sale will begin on Tuesday , March 13th @ Noon EST.  This book cannot be ordered till then. 

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Price and print run.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:49 AM, jason4 said:

IMG_3464.PNG

I just got my notification today.