• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Just received my 3 raw virgin copies the other day and they were all 9.8 candidates.   I had an issue one time with those DKM Wonder Woman copies and I stopped right into the store and Hank replaced them without the slightest hassle.   

If you are local this is not an issue but otherwise I would send Hank a note via facebook to discuss.

Same for me. My DNM 5 and 6 Virgin copies were all 9.8 candidates to my eye.

22 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Unfortunately, based on the copies that I have seen, I have noticed that since Bulletproof Comics started selling "non-signature" CGC graded 9.8 (NM/M) copies of Dark Nights Metal issues, its raw virgin cover copies (since it does not sell CGC graded copies of the trade cover copies), are now, at best, 9.6 (NM+), with some lower (as low as 9.0 (VF/NM) based, again, on the copies that I have seen). Previously, you would more often than not receive 9.8 copies of DNM issues from BP.

It appears that BP is pulling and sending to CGC some (all?) of the 9.8 copies from each shipment of DNM that it received. Granted, BP states in the listing for each raw issue number of DNM that copies are 9.6; sometimes 9.4 (NM) and it has received 9.4 and 9.6 grades on its signature series CGC submissions of DNM issues.

Alas, it may be that the BP 9.8 copy "gravy train" may be a thing of the past.

Lastly, the probability, of course, is that some folks have still received raw DNM virgin cover 9.8 copies from BP since it started selling non-signature CGC graded 9.8 copies of this series.

22 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Just received my 3 raw virgin copies the other day and they were all 9.8 candidates.   I had an issue one time with those DKM Wonder Woman copies and I stopped right into the store and Hank replaced them without the slightest hassle.   

If you are local this is not an issue but otherwise I would send Hank a note via facebook to discuss.

Since, in fact, I am no longer a local, having been raised in Union City and Weehawken, NJ, I telephoned Bulletproof Comics twice and spoke with Hank both times. During our first conversation, I explained the damage that two of the four copies of DNM 5 (Edit) virgin cover that I received had and that I wished to return them for replacement copies; in fact, all four copies have color breaking spine ticks on the front covers and several dings on the back covers. Hank informed me that he would forward an email with a return shipping label and asked me to provide him photographs of the damaged books by responding to the email that he would send me, to which I agreed. I explained that it would take me three days, until Friday of that week, to send photographs since at that moment I was on my way to the airport for a business trip.

Upon my return, on Friday, seeing no email from Hank, I telephoned him again and, again, he informed me that he would send an email with a return shipping label. I informed him that no later than Sunday of that week I would forward the photographs as I had several business meetings that day and Saturday.

To this day, Hank has not sent me an email nor, of course, a return label. At this point, i very much doubt that he will. Thus, unlike you, I unfortunately am experiencing quite a bit of a hassle attempting to have BC replace the two damaged copies that it sent me.

The lesson that I have learned, once again, from this is that my aversion to purchasing other than "standard" variant covers for a discount off of the cover price has served me well. I broke that practice with the BC DNM covers and, well ...

Of course, I did not purchase BP's variant cover of Action Comics 1000 or copies of DNM 6 Convention Edition based on my experience with DNM 5; and, unless this matter is resolved; hope springs eternal; I will not make any further purchases from BP (clearly, BP does not need me in the slightest to purchase from it as it has more than enough customers).

Now, as I noted in my original post, the probability is that other folks had received from BP 9.8 copies of DNM (Edit #2) virgin covers 5, you and another poster confirmed that likelihood.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
"... (Edit) virgin cover ..."

33 minutes ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Since, in fact, I am no longer a local, having been raised in Union City and Weehawken, NJ, I telephoned Bulletproof Comics twice and spoke with Hank both times. During our first conversation, I explained the damage that two of the four copies of DNM 5 (Edit) virgin cover that I received had and that I wished to return them for replacement copies; in fact, all four copies have color breaking spine ticks on the front covers and several dings on the back covers. Hank informed me that he would forward an email with a return shipping label and asked me to provide him photographs of the damaged books by responding to the email that he would send me, to which I agreed. I explained that it would take me three days, until Friday of that week, to send photographs since at that moment I was on my way to the airport for a business trip.

Upon my return, on Friday, seeing no email from Hank, I telephoned him again and, again, he informed me that he would send an email with a return shipping label. I informed him that no later than Sunday of that week I would forward the photographs as I had several business meetings that day and Saturday.

To this day, Hank has not sent me an email nor, of course, a return label. At this point, i very much doubt that he will. Thus, unlike you, I unfortunately am experiencing quite a bit of a hassle attempting to have BC replace the two damaged copies that it sent me.

The lesson that I have learned, once again, from this is that my aversion to purchasing other than "standard" variant covers for a discount off of the cover price has served me well. I broke that practice with the BC DNM covers and, well ...

Of course, I did not purchase BP's variant cover of Action Comics 1000 or copies of DNM 6 Convention Edition based on my experience with DNM 5; and, unless this matter is resolved; hope springs eternal; I will not make any further purchases from BP (clearly, BP does not need me in the slightest to purchase from it as it has more than enough customers).

Now, as I noted in my original post, the probability is that other folks had received from BP 9.8 copies of DNM (Edit #2) virgin covers 5, you and another poster confirmed that likelihood.

At least you got your books and didn't have to deal with Comic Xposure.  I am crossing my fingers that I will get ASM 798 from them without having to go through what I did to get 797.

23 minutes ago, GaSouthernGrad said:

At least you got your books and didn't have to deal with Comic Xposure.  I am crossing my fingers that I will get ASM 798 from them without having to go through what I did to get 797.

ComicXposure is another matter altogether.

1 hour ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Correction: I reviewed my comic book grading log and noted that I received damaged DNM 5 Convention Edition cover copies, not virgin cover copies.

Doesn't sound like him from my experience.  To be fair, he just wrapped up a con at DC so he is probably a bit behind on his admin stuff.   You should PM Polirer (Fred) here as he also does consulting work for them from time to time.

44 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Doesn't sound like him from my experience.  To be fair, he just wrapped up a con at DC so he is probably a bit behind on his admin stuff.   You should PM Polirer (Fred) here as he also does consulting work for them from time to time.

I spoke with Hank, nonetheless he is shocked by this post and is of course more than willing to help as always.

as we’ve all experienced BP provides great customer service and Hank has integrity as an LCS owner.

ill be sending Tec a pm with directions.

seriously though, anyone with a problem at BP feel free to message me. If anything I can at least give guidance and Maybe help resolve.

5 hours ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

If this was an eBay case I would not be sending anything until I received photos of the damage.

5 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Man times have changed . 9.8 this and 9.6 that. Wtf happened to collecting books for art and fact people loved them. Now you only love a grade. Seriously something missing here from old days that need to infuse into new gen of collectors. 

Says the person on a site owned by a grading company ???

22 hours ago, Polirer said:

I spoke with Hank, nonetheless he is shocked by this post and is of course more than willing to help as always.

as we’ve all experienced BP provides great customer service and Hank has integrity as an LCS owner.

ill be sending Tec a pm with directions.

seriously though, anyone with a problem at BP feel free to message me. If anything I can at least give guidance and Maybe help resolve.

Thank you, I responded to your pm. I'll telephone Hank on Monday, April 9.

19 hours ago, ygogolak said:

If this was an eBay case I would not be sending anything until I received photos of the damage.

Yes, indeed; and, as a customer, I will very gladly provide photographs or scans of a comic book.

23 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

I just started my refund on their 797 books.  Absolutely no return emails including FB messages.  I can't believe what a mess these guys are.

I got my refund through my bank. They are not sending books and pocketing people's money. Comicxposure is trash

20 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, indeed; and, as a customer, I will very gladly provide photographs or scans of a comic book.

Maybe I'm missing something. I thought you were mad because you hadn't received a shipping label but you had not yet sent photos of the damage?