• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

When did the Kwik-E-Mart become an art gallery ?

I was thinking 7-11 also...how odd.   It sort of reminds of the days when you can get a haircut and also pay your beeper/mobile bills.  I know..sort of dated myself with that comment.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Maybe I'm missing something. I thought you were mad because you hadn't received a shipping label but you had not yet sent photos of the damage?

What you did is combine what I wrote concerning BP; I have not received an email from Hank/BP and, thus, have been unable to forward the pics of the damaged comics to BP; and my general agreement with you that, eBay or otherwise, I will provide pics of damaged books to a seller when I request replacement copies.

14 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

Seems like the only people getting the books are the dealers on Ebay.    So much :censored: confusion with them. 

I sent an email telling them to cancel my order and refund my money for both the Crain 797 and Dell'Otto 797 orders then got a shipping notice for my Crain 797 books. (shrug)

I bought a bunch of stuff at Fan Expo today. I bought 2 Dell Otto 797 virgin sets ($75) and bought 2 Action 1000 Daniels sets (I think they were $75 too but not sure) along with other stuff. When I checked out, the total seemed low. When I left, I checked the receipt, they had scanned the non-virgin and non-acetate versions of those 2. Damn. They got enough money from me today to make up for it though. They did have a lot of 9.8 candidates out there. Some were dinged up, but a lot were in good shape.

Edited by kevhtx

44 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I bought a bunch of stuff at Fan Expo today. I bought 2 Dell Otto 797 virgin sets ($75) and bought 2 Action 1000 Daniels sets (I think they were $75 too but not sure) along with other stuff. When I checked out, the total seemed low. When I left, I checked the receipt, they had scanned the non-virgin and non-acetate versions of those 2. Damn. They got enough money from me today to make up for it though. They did have a lot of 9.8 candidates out there. Some were dinged up, but a lot were in good shape.

Do you mean the Daniels Action #1 reprint or is there another #1,000 variant aside from the store exclusive? Photos? Thanks. 

29 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Do you mean the Daniels Action #1 reprint or is there another #1,000 variant aside from the store exclusive? Photos? Thanks. 

Oh maybe that was it. I wasnt sure. I hadnt seen it before. I was thinking it was action 1000 or something. I liked the cover so I just grabbed it. Ill post some photos later for sure. (thumbsu

Fun day. Going back tomorrow. I got Capullo/Snyder to sign all of my Dell'Otto DNM 5 Virgin, Convention, BW books and my DNM 6 virgin and BW ones. 

7 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I feel it’s appropriate to show this new acquisition before the upcoming Avengers movie. A hard to book to find these days in the wild and it’s tied for the best Iron Spider Man period with Mike Turners civil war variant. The other is my fav Dell’otto Spiderman cover and image ever. They gotta do something with this cover . It was used only on Italian Spiderman books for his anniversary . Amazing work!

86161075-2690-454B-AFC3-BC7529DC572B.jpeg

88EA105B-B4C4-4F84-8BA7-78D1CB0025A4.jpeg

FC15EAEC-27C2-439C-A646-F779877DFED4.jpeg

97483D73-E6FE-4D7C-B881-C663FB538CDE.jpeg

He has a few Euro only Spidey releases that are simply incredible. These are definitely a couple of his best.  

-J.

9 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I feel it’s appropriate to show this new acquisition before the upcoming Avengers movie. A hard to book to find these days in the wild and it’s tied for the best Iron Spider Man period with Mike Turners civil war variant. The other is my fav Dell’otto Spiderman cover and image ever. They gotta do something with this cover . It was used only on Italian Spiderman books for his anniversary . Amazing work!

86161075-2690-454B-AFC3-BC7529DC572B.jpeg

88EA105B-B4C4-4F84-8BA7-78D1CB0025A4.jpeg

FC15EAEC-27C2-439C-A646-F779877DFED4.jpeg

97483D73-E6FE-4D7C-B881-C663FB538CDE.jpeg

Awesome pieces!!!! I don´t know how long it took me to find a Spiderman 30....love that cover!!! Congrats!

26 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Thanks folks. Spiderman 30 costs a good chunk graded which I was trying to avoid. Not many copies come up raw . When they did it almost certainly was a more beat up version. I was very pleased to get one finally. 

Yeah I think I saw like 2-3 copies in the last years...raw...and then maybe the same amount of graded once. Well I was planing on getting your copy...but your bid was higher.