• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, brianlake7 said:

So what is the scoop on these? I dont know that I have seen the red background with the red flaming sword

30709289_629698914032447_7078346222949520397_n.jpg

I have no idea what those are... the original Red background was the Bulletproof Comics covers (without flaming swords). The NYCC convention cover had blue background with the flaming swords.

???

13 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

I have no idea what those are... the original Red background was the Bulletproof Comics covers (without flaming swords). The NYCC convention cover had blue background with the flaming swords.

???

These are also a con-variant, I believe we were hoping to have these for Baltimore 2017. They too had a print run of 1000. 

Blue background was NYCC 2017.

44 minutes ago, Polirer said:

These are also a con-variant, I believe we were hoping to have these for Baltimore 2017. They too had a print run of 1000. 

Blue background was NYCC 2017.

Bro I'm losing track on these Gab variants.  Such a beautiful cover to be somewhat diminished by multiple printings.

This is not only bulletproof but everyone else is doing it.  Impossible on my end to determine what version to buy, get signed and also hold collector value.

9 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Bro I'm losing track on these Gab variants.  Such a beautiful cover to be somewhat diminished by multiple printings.

This is not only bulletproof but everyone else is doing it.  Impossible on my end to determine what version to buy, get signed and also hold collector value.

I think they're hoping you buy to get blue, yellow, reading, and speculator copies of regular, virgin, sketch, and reprints.

Edited by revat

1 minute ago, revat said:

I think they're hoping you buy to get blue, yellow, reading, and speculator copies of regular, virgin, sketch, and reprints.

Don't forget the 1:25, 1:200 1:4999 editions that are happening or in the works.   If it was disclosed all up front I wouldn't have an issue but my original red wonder woman, which I had very high hopes for, will unfortunately remain just another raw copy.

12 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Don't forget the 1:25, 1:200 1:4999 editions that are happening or in the works.   If it was disclosed all up front I wouldn't have an issue but my original red wonder woman, which I had very high hopes for, will unfortunately remain just another raw copy.

you know what I always thought was kinda strange? There are some people who love certain artists (JSC and Del'otto come to mind), and buy just about everything they put out new AND get them slabbed, including 'exclusive' stuff with 'limited' print runs etc, but those same people don't buy older stuff by those artists which are many cases more rare (especially in 9.8) which are just as cool and definitely more unique and almost certainly cheaper.  I get that everyone collects their own way, but I would think that rather than have four very similar copies of the newest hottest Del'Otto variant, it'd be pretty cool (and cheaper) to get some of those old annihilation comics in CGC 9.8.  Like if you're gonna be a completionist then be a completionist.  And if you're not a completionist, why are you buy five covers every time? 

** Note that the Dark Metal WW cover is hot fire and I encourage people to get 5 different versions of it.

3 hours ago, revat said:

you know what I always thought was kinda strange? There are some people who love certain artists (JSC and Del'otto come to mind), and buy just about everything they put out new AND get them slabbed, including 'exclusive' stuff with 'limited' print runs etc, but those same people don't buy older stuff by those artists which are many cases more rare (especially in 9.8) which are just as cool and definitely more unique and almost certainly cheaper.  I get that everyone collects their own way, but I would think that rather than have four very similar copies of the newest hottest Del'Otto variant, it'd be pretty cool (and cheaper) to get some of those old annihilation comics in CGC 9.8.  Like if you're gonna be a completionist then be a completionist.  And if you're not a completionist, why are you buy five covers every time? 

** Note that the Dark Metal WW cover is hot fire and I encourage people to get 5 different versions of it.

I'll myself collect some of the older Gab books especially the euro panini stuff that is not easily attainable.  I myself have set a challenge of getting a high grade of one of my favorite characters, this Phoenix euro.   I have one already which would probably max out a 7.5 but I do have people on the lookout for a higher grade.(thumbsu

XMen49Phoenix.jpg

8 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

I'll myself collect some of the older Gab books especially the euro panini stuff that is not easily attainable.  I myself have set a challenge of getting a high grade of one of my favorite characters, this Phoenix euro.   I have one already which would probably max out a 7.5 but I do have people on the lookout for a higher grade.(thumbsu

XMen49Phoenix.jpg

Good plan! I´m trying to collect all the old europe covers from Dell Otto as well.... :D Oh and by the way...I love the Phoenix cover!!!