• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Looks like a new cover out there

"IGComicstore Store Exclusive Variant! From the highly anticipated series written by Skottie Young, Limited to only 700 trade dress copies available and only 600 Virgin copies available each with a individual numbered COA."

IGC-DP1DELLOTTO_1024x1024.jpg

38 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

"IGComicstore Store Exclusive Variant! From the highly anticipated series written by Skottie Young, Limited to only 700 trade dress copies available and only 600 Virgin copies available each with a individual numbered COA."

InstaGramComicStore...?  HAHA

And these were made available weeks ago. The fact they havent sold out speaks volumes of this tireless trend.

39 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

InstaGramComicStore...?  HAHA

And these were made available weeks ago. The fact they havent sold out speaks volumes of this tireless trend.

The don't have as much internet presence as some of these other online sellers. I'm sure this isn't new art, but it's still pretty nice.

2 hours ago, Foley said:

You didn’t hear about the warehouse find?

By "warehouse" you mean this guy's closet?  Lol 

Actually, the slab on the left (graded 10/11)  looks to be the slab Polirer sold  3-4 months ago, that is now paired with the slab on the right (graded 9/16).  

A super, mini hoard of sorts.  Definitely worthy of one of these-  (worship)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

The don't have as much internet presence as some of these other online sellers. I'm sure this isn't new art, but it's still pretty nice.

Exactly. Most other "exclusive" covers, you see all over ebay, these boards and other stores. I had never heard of IGComics until someone posted about that Gambit/X-men Red 1 cover. It still isn't sold out, but you don't see it hardly anywhere like you find others. If you look on ebay now, you'll find a couple besides them selling their X-men Red cover, but thats it.

With this print run being rather low compared to others and if they had a bigger presence, I bet this one would sell out.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:56 AM, obsidian00 said:

I’m not too sure about those being the actual print run numbers. They seam a bit too low according to what several others have stated about Marvels minimum requirements for variants. 

If I had to guess I’d say they are attempting to allude buyers into thinking one thing and covering tracks by ending with “available”. Just a hunch anyway, certainly wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen it. 

Carny BS IMO. They’ve already got the way over used “only” in regards to how many copies are “available”, so they might as well make it in all caps followed by no less than three explanation points.

Edited by IntoAnother

3 hours ago, IntoAnother said:

I’m not too sure about those being the actual print run numbers. They seam a bit too low according to what several others have stated about Marvels minimum requirements for variants. 

If I had to guess I’d say they are attempting to allude buyers into thinking one thing and covering tracks by ending with “available”. Just a hunch anyway, certainly wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen it. 

Carny BS IMO. They’ve already got the way over used “only” in regards to how many copies are “available”, so they might as well make it in all caps followed by no less than three explanation points.

Yes and no. I think the new rule is you can get as low as 1,500 but you still pay the same cost as 3k.

Multiple retailers are doing this though. Nothing new but it's always questionable.

53 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes and no. I think the new rule is you can get as low as 1,500 but you still pay the same cost as 3k.

Multiple retailers are doing this though. Nothing new but it's always questionable.

I’m not sure what you are referring to in regards to the “no” because 600 plus 700 still isn't 1500 copies, unless the other 200 are for comps and replacement copies. 

I don’t know what the current minimum is either but I have to guess if it was really under 1000 per cover we’d be seeing far more people selling Marvel variants with actual lower print runs under 1000 copies and not this “available” nonsense. 

Are you saying you can now order 1500 copies and break up the order as you’d wish to some extent as long as you’re paying the price for 3000 copies?

31 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Is this an official lithograph ?

This is the Original cover art. I got it 2 years ago from a guy in NJ. It is rather large and dell'otto did it about 15 yrs ago.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:54 PM, IntoAnother said:

I’m not sure what you are referring to in regards to the “no” because 600 plus 700 still isn't 1500 copies, unless the other 200 are for comps and replacement copies. 

I don’t know what the current minimum is either but I have to guess if it was really under 1000 per cover we’d be seeing far more people selling Marvel variants with actual lower print runs under 1000 copies and not this “available” nonsense. 

Are you saying you can now order 1500 copies and break up the order as you’d wish to some extent as long as you’re paying the price for 3000 copies?

No, you can't split them up like that from what I understand. I'm not a retailer, so I don't know for certain. But from what I understand with Marvel you're getting 1,500 and then only selling 600.