• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Honestly I’m not to concerned first this being a super low run of a huge Amazing Spiderman anniversary comic. It’s always going to be sought after and liquid.

those other books mentioned were garbage from the get go with zero relevance or huge fan base like Amazing Spiderman . Peace 

:facepalm:

Could it just be that the slabs were cracked and the books are now being sold raw? If this is the case, then the print run is correct.

I could see this happening, especially if folks don’t want a voldy slab.

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

Just for record I’m not spamming . I was told there is no way only 300 are being released graded at 9.8 by CBCS signed and numbered out of 300 by artist. Diamond and exclsuive retailers will audit all books not 9.8 and return the comics to diamond using original sales invoices to track how many copies each received and destroy them guaranteeing no raw books. 

This variant is version B which has classic webs in trade dress and marvel comics black bar across the top which is diff than Variant A which looks very similar but has much higher run of books and will sell raw.

a copy sold last night for 1000.00 Canadian on eBay I contacted the seller so what’s the issue here. Is there an argument that more raw copies of  Variant B will turn up? I’m just supporting my case in information I’ve been provided . Looks pretty solid to me I’m unaware that diamond has had an audit of a book in the past to destroy copies it sounds new to me I don’t know everything. 

Why would Diamond care after they are sold? It says right in the description that they grading company will be destroying them. Again, same as the Iron Fist.

43 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Could it just be that the slabs were cracked and the books are now being sold raw? If this is the case, then the print run is correct.

I could see this happening, especially if folks don’t want a voldy slab.

It hasn't been released yet.

2 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Just for record I’m not spamming . I was told there is no way only 300 are being released graded at 9.8 by CBCS signed and numbered out of 300 by artist. Diamond and exclsuive retailers will audit all books not 9.8 and return the comics to diamond using original sales invoices to track how many copies each received and destroy them guaranteeing no raw books. 

This variant is version B which has classic webs in trade dress and marvel comics black bar across the top which is diff than Variant A which looks very similar but has much higher run of books and will sell raw.

a copy sold last night for 1000.00 Canadian on eBay I contacted the seller so what’s the issue here. Is there an argument that more raw copies of  Variant B will turn up? I’m just supporting my case in information I’ve been provided . Looks pretty solid to me I’m unaware that diamond has had an audit of a book in the past to destroy copies it sounds new to me I don’t know everything. 

Every time you mention the other company you are spamming these boards. 

It’s a very simple rule to follow so please stop attempting to draw attention to some extremely manufactured collectible you clearly have an interest in or have invested in. 

This is CGC’s house. If you can’t respect the rules then go run amuck on the other guys boards. 

12 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

It’s a very simple rule to follow so please stop attempting to draw attention to some extremely manufactured collectible you clearly have an interest in or have invested in. 

Mentioning the competition being actively involved with destroying comics to authenticate rarity isn't a complimentary thing to say about them, the fact that most of the rubes posting in this thread are potential customers of "this kind of collectible" should be seen as more of an indictment about the quality of participants here rather than an endorsement of a cgc competitor.   I'm finding it's far less frustrating if you stop caring about dumb, greedy new "collectors" getting fleeced or effed over by retailers or resellers.  While it's nice to try to save people from themselves, the easy path to riches for greedy n00bs is to find the next brand new comic that will be worth 10K in 5 years.  

Umm I Think That that Cover will Resurface.  They Always Do... Maybe cracked slabbed maybe Voldy needs attorney fees and says ummm well ..ummm  We have 1500 Mayhew Covers that we were going to Destroy but Hey Lets Flood the Sites with these.  

As Far as Signed... Not My Tea...for this cover, as Far as Cover Looks Great..  But Delotto was the topic. 

Also About Kwans  Books that Panini Reprints.  They Are Awesome covers for the Art..(I can't read them)  That is Truly Limited to 300 and Yes You Can Go through Panini  gamble with INTL Delivery  Pay  Kwan.  He sent a NM+ Book.  I trust Him.  

Also Back to Delotto I ordered the Virgin 800 Copy from Midtown...  

Now Celibrate Delotto... 

My Top 3 Most Underrated Marvel Dell Otto Covers of his NOT SPIDEY IMHO

Annihilation_Vol_1_4(1).jpg

ssss.jpg

ttt.jpg

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Mentioning the competition being actively involved with destroying comics to authenticate rarity isn't a complimentary thing to say about them, the fact that most of the rubes posting in this thread are potential customers of "this kind of collectible" should be seen as more of an indictment about the quality of participants here rather than an endorsement of a cgc competitor.   I'm finding it's far less frustrating if you stop caring about dumb, greedy new "collectors" getting fleeced or effed over by retailers or resellers.  While it's nice to try to save people from themselves, the easy path to riches for greedy n00bs is to find the next brand new comic that will be worth 10K in 5 years.  

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I agree it certainly isn’t a complimentary thing to say, and I’m actually pretty surprised they are involved because in my opinion it’s terrible for the hobby. Yet it’s still giving some attention to the other company by those who are drawn to low print runs like a moth to a flame. Sadly we both know more often than not nobody points out the shady or carny tactics to sell books and noobs wind up being taken advantage of. 

Personally I don’t care what anyone does with there money. Yet when it comes to the good of the hobby, I’m not one to look the other way and have no issue calling someone or something out. I can see how not caring about any of it may be a bit less frustrating but it’s just not who I am. 

Edited by IntoAnother

6 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Don’t care about the value I buy Spiderman because I love the character this cover reminded of 80s. I had to havhave them that’s all it is. I always try and find obscure covers to fatten my Spidey collection. I’m constantly swapping books in behind my statue displays it looks great . Better than keeping them in a box imo 

(thumbsu

2 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Sorry, I meant other books from voldy that have been marketed in this manner that have resurfaced raw.

To my knowledge there was only one and that showed up raw and that was the one I previously mentioned.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

To my knowledge there was only one and that showed up raw and that was the one I previously mentioned.

Was it signed? When this limited thing happened?

I thought they may only be offering signed/numbered copies this time to avoid any confusion....

38 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was it signed? When this limited thing happened?

I thought they may only be offering signed/numbered copies this time to avoid any confusion....

No, it was the Dell Otto Iron Fist. Those were not signed.

Same thing could happen again at the printers. That person probably no longer works there, but that doesn't mean someone else won't do it.

2 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I didn’t get the exclusive CBCS did . I didn’t have a choice in buying that grading service I’d rather it was CGC. Why didn’t CGC get the book? I don’t know about these thing s I rarely buy graded books as I don’t buy for money I collect Spiderman . 

People get really troll like on this forum and it’s same guys . All the time just gang up on people . 

I didn’t get taken advantage of I bought the book $ 299.00 graded Canadian from Canadian dealer I felt it was a fantastic price to add a cool book to my collection . I could care less about it’s rarlty like others that pump ASM 667 as if it were a gold bar. We will see were that value of that book ( 667 )  is in 10 years compared to a true Spidey key ,ok folks. 

I’m not a new collector I’ve collected for 40 years . I’ve got a ASM run many golden age books and marvel keys that I love so these comments sure seem like they are being directed to me and inappropriate . It’s a dell’otto Thread I’ve posted more pictures of my htf lithos than anyone I know of on any forum ( Spiderman ) I wanted to give something to thread it’s clear to me these boards are filled with sharks as I was warned before joining.

image.jpg

Okay now I'm just confused.   The entire premise of at least your first two posts on the book, not including the screen shot you posted of your message to the seller, was about how "rare" this book will be and how it could be the "rarest" ASM  ever (while simultaneously, and ironically, naysaying the 667 multiple times, a book that actually is rare, 34 slabs in seven years).

If I didn't know better, I would say that bababooey what spot on with his analysis of why you even brought this book up (in the wrong thread on the wrong boards, I might add)- something that would is very unlikely to happen given how everything with even the least bit potential is speculated on TO DEATH weeks and months before they even come out. How will you feel about this book when 25-50 slabs of it hit eBay the day it comes out ?

Cool sketch by the way.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

I think the mosaic 300 homage is better.   And i can cgc it.    And as cool as a 238 homage cbcs signed...id rather have the red modern anyway for 220 Canadian less.  And get it cgc or put it in a frame with 238   Signed mean more in person unless its a verified cgc sketch .