• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2018 at 11:03 AM, Bird said:

I got this email the other day. I may go check it out.

You are cordially invited to attend the grand opening of Dell'Otto Gallery in Brooklyn, N.Y. 

Bulletproof comics is proud to present the grand opening of the Garbriele Dell'Otto gallery located on the 2nd floor of Bulletproof comics in Brooklyn, N.Y.   For over 2 years, we have been amassing a rather large collection of original art from the celebrated Italian master.  The collection grew so large that, it had to be housed in a gallery.   We will have OA, signed and unsigned prints, commissions, signed sketch books and of course signed Bulletproof Exclusive comic books both CGC'ed SS  and non CGC'ed.   Please join us and celebrate one of the greatest modern painters of our generation.

You should probably grab the OA for the #667 ASM cover while you're there if they have it  :idea: 

19 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

You should probably grab the OA for the #667 ASM cover while you're there if they have it  :idea: 

That would be awesome to see, but I believe it's in a different collection.  Scroll to the bottom (though not too fast as this collection is amazing!!)

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/11/10/visit-to-metropolis-collectibles-and-interview-with-vincent-zurzolo/

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Hey guys haven't done a pick up post in a little while.  But I had to post this! :). I literally snapped this picture as soon as I got back from the framers, my first Dell'otto OA (first OA at all, actually!).  I've been wanting to pick up something original by him for quite a while and when I saw his cover for the new ASM 1 I knew I had to have it!  I love his work on black paper, and his use of negative space and lighting effects on it.  And on this particular piece, the not so subtle ASM 300/301 homage made it a no brainer!  I immediately contacted his rep David Ceci in Italy to see if he still had it.  Of course he didn't, it had already been sold!:boo: So you can imagine my surprise when I saw the boardie @Sooners151 posted that HE was the owner of the OA in this very thread when he saw it was being turned into a publisher cover! I wasted no time in reaching out to him with a completely unsolicited buy inquiry. Not surprisingly I wasn't the only one to do so, and after a week or so of very friendly and pleasant negotiations, we agreed to a price and I pulled the trigger!  This is a perfect example of what makes the community on these boards so awesome.  I also purchased a copy of the published book from Ebay, and then rushed the pieces to the framer to have it all done up right. I might have gone a little crazy with the whole thing, but screw it! Lol It's my first OA piece, I love it, and I really wanted to make it a nice museum quality piece.  Well anyway this is how it turned out.  Thanks for checking it out and thanks again to Sooners151!

-J.

20180809_175239.jpg

You are very welcome!!  Need to see this on the wall as that display is fire!!

56 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

20180809_175239.jpg

First off Awesome!! and Congrats :) that IS quality! and glad it all worked out!!!

Did you frame it as a "diamond" shape or a square off kilter, with the frame? Because that is how it is in the picture, which looks pretty cool! (thumbsu 

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

First off Awesome!! and Congrats :) that IS quality! and glad it all worked out!!!

Did you frame it as a "diamond" shape or a square off kilter, with the frame? Because that is how it is in the picture, which looks pretty cool! (thumbsu 

Thanks man I appreciate that.  :blush:

It's a square, 22"×26", and I went with a double mat so I could get the red highlight effect around each item. Here's a better picture showing the whole piece (sorry about the glare I don't want to take it out of the packaging until it's time to go on the wall).  I also had the comic framed within a mylar (with a backer board) to give it a glossier, poppier look next to the more matte OA (though you can't really see that while it's still in the packaging).  I also used anti-relective UV plexi even though the room it will ultimately live in gets almost no natural sunlight (don't call it the "mancave" for nothin! Lol )

-J.

20180810_105046.jpg

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 8/10/2018 at 1:59 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Thanks man I appreciate that.  :blush:

It's a square, 22"×26", and I went with a double mat so I could get the red highlight effect around each item. Here's a better picture showing the whole piece (sorry about the glare I don't want to take it out of the packaging until it's time to go on the wall).  I also had the comic framed within a mylar (with a backer board) to give it a glossier, poppier look next to the more matte OA (though you can't really see that while it's still in the packaging).  I also used anti-relective UV plexi even though the room it will ultimately live in gets almost no natural sunlight (don't call it the "mancave" for nothin! Lol )

-J.

20180810_105046.jpg

Amazing! Congrats!

20 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like a convention commission.

58 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

So it was a commission for sure?

NYCC Unkowncomics  Exclusive.  Honestly His Secret Wars Thanos was So Bad .  This Issue also has a Perez 1-100 So...