• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

NYCC Unkowncomics  Exclusive.  Honestly His Secret Wars Thanos was So Bad .  This Issue also has a Perez 1-100 So...

Yes, I'm aware who is selling it. They are the culprits of a ton of recycled artwork which cuts out a commission fee for the artist. I was asking if this was another.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, I'm aware who is selling it. They are the culprits of a ton of recycled artwork which cuts out a commission fee for the artist. I was asking if this was another.

Ahh...  It Looks like Commission Work (Copic with Pencil to be exact) .  I can research this.  I have some of his Work (mostly Cover prelim sketches).     

8 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Ahh...  It Looks like Commission Work (Copic with Pencil to be exact) .  I can research this.  I have some of his Work (mostly Cover prelim sketches).     

That's my thought too since it's not as refined as his cover work he is actually paid for.

Ab

52 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That's my thought too since it's not as refined as his cover work he is actually paid for.

His Civil War piece was his last PAID  Thanos. 2016 I am 99% sure.  2015 he Did a Secret Wars and in 2006 Annihilation.  Pretty sure That is his Thanos total

It's been a good week in the Dell'otto collection!  :cloud9:

I found these at an LCS,  (mistakenly?) placed in the regular back issue run box for $7 apiece.  Considering that they have had a mini-spike and are going for between $20-$35 a pop now with the upcoming "Spider-verse" movie, it was a no-brainer to grab them all, even the duplicate #13 they had. 

I've always liked this set but never got around to picking one up.  Dell'otto did some really nice work on these, nearly all of the Spider-people in the "Spider-verse" movie are featured, including a cool depiction of Spider-noir on #9, probably my favorite of the set (second favourite is the creepy #14). There's also a couple of first appearances of characters appearing in the movie in this run.  This is definitely the best LCS score I've had in awhile. :headbang:

-J.

20180813_092809.jpg

Edited by Jaydogrules

9 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Thank you kindly!  I think I may have caught a bit of that OA bug I've heard so much about.  :insane:

@manetteska Awesome book!  Definitely a perfect cover for Dell'otto to homage with his painterly style!

-J.

2 hours ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Any info on who will have these? They're supposedly store variant covers for The Return of Wolverine #1 & #2, but I can't find anything on them yet. I know they're recycled art, but in this case, I really don't care.

image.png.d1c43a738f7762020cea667ca5d731af.png

image.png.9a99fcae6d55c4cc7748aafe069c3a9d.png

Damn those are good.  I never care if it's "recycled" art, as long as it is not previously published.  Art is art.  What are these, watercolour?   The man could probably make a finger painting look hot. Lol

-J.

3 hours ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Any info on who will have these? They're supposedly store variant covers for The Return of Wolverine #1 & #2, but I can't find anything on them yet. I know they're recycled art, but in this case, I really don't care.

image.png.d1c43a738f7762020cea667ca5d731af.png

image.png.9a99fcae6d55c4cc7748aafe069c3a9d.png

IGComics store.  He hasn't posted them up yet, but he announced it on the stores Facebook page