• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2018 at 2:48 PM, Hickok8AA8 said:

Any info on who will have these? They're supposedly store variant covers for The Return of Wolverine #1 & #2, but I can't find anything on them yet. I know they're recycled art, but in this case, I really don't care.

image.png.9a99fcae6d55c4cc7748aafe069c3a9d.png

This cover went on sale this weekend on the igcomicstore website. They still have some in stock.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Hey guys haven't done a pick up post in a little while.  But I had to post this! :). I literally snapped this picture as soon as I got back from the framers, my first Dell'otto OA (first OA at all, actually!).  I've been wanting to pick up something original by him for quite a while and when I saw his cover for the new ASM 1 I knew I had to have it!  I love his work on black paper, and his use of negative space and lighting effects on it.  And on this particular piece, the not so subtle ASM 300/301 homage made it a no brainer!  I immediately contacted his rep David Ceci in Italy to see if he still had it.  Of course he didn't, it had already been sold!:boo: So you can imagine my surprise when I saw the boardie @Sooners151 posted that HE was the owner of the OA in this very thread when he saw it was being turned into a publisher cover! I wasted no time in reaching out to him with a completely unsolicited buy inquiry. Not surprisingly I wasn't the only one to do so, and after a week or so of very friendly and pleasant negotiations, we agreed to a price and I pulled the trigger!  This is a perfect example of what makes the community on these boards so awesome.  I also purchased a copy of the published book from Ebay, and then rushed the pieces to the framer to have it all done up right. I might have gone a little crazy with the whole thing, but screw it! Lol It's my first OA piece, I love it, and I really wanted to make it a nice museum quality piece.  Well anyway this is how it turned out.  Thanks for checking it out and thanks again to Sooners151!

-J.

20180809_175239.jpg

That's a great piece congrats!!

On 8/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Hey guys haven't done a pick up post in a little while.  But I had to post this! :). I literally snapped this picture as soon as I got back from the framers, my first Dell'otto OA (first OA at all, actually!).  I've been wanting to pick up something original by him for quite a while and when I saw his cover for the new ASM 1 I knew I had to have it!  I love his work on black paper, and his use of negative space and lighting effects on it.  And on this particular piece, the not so subtle ASM 300/301 homage made it a no brainer!  I immediately contacted his rep David Ceci in Italy to see if he still had it.  Of course he didn't, it had already been sold!:boo: So you can imagine my surprise when I saw the boardie @Sooners151 posted that HE was the owner of the OA in this very thread when he saw it was being turned into a publisher cover! I wasted no time in reaching out to him with a completely unsolicited buy inquiry. Not surprisingly I wasn't the only one to do so, and after a week or so of very friendly and pleasant negotiations, we agreed to a price and I pulled the trigger!  This is a perfect example of what makes the community on these boards so awesome.  I also purchased a copy of the published book from Ebay, and then rushed the pieces to the framer to have it all done up right. I might have gone a little crazy with the whole thing, but screw it! Lol It's my first OA piece, I love it, and I really wanted to make it a nice museum quality piece.  Well anyway this is how it turned out.  Thanks for checking it out and thanks again to Sooners151!

-J.

20180809_175239.jpg

Very cool, welcome to da Dell’Otto OA club ! (:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1437452