• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, MDR123 said:

So you're the one who got those ASM#1 variants. Dammit! Congrats on the haul. Well done. 

Where you the one next to me searching in those boxes?  It wasn't an ideal setup and books where just thrown in boxes without bags and boards.   Lucky to pull whatever I could but I wouldn't submit without a press that's for sure.

9 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Where you the one next to me searching in those boxes?  It wasn't an ideal setup and books where just thrown in boxes without bags and boards.   Lucky to pull whatever I could but I wouldn't submit without a press that's for sure.

I may have been at one point. I went to both tables. They still didn't seem to know how to set up properly nor deal with what they had. I actually picked up the ASM 797-799 Dell'Otto's from them at MegaCon but was hoping to get the newer ones this time around since I've heard such horror stories from ordering from their site and knew they were going to be there live. Maybe another time next year or the bay for those black background ones. 

21 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

I may have been at one point. I went to both tables. They still didn't seem to know how to set up properly nor deal with what they had. I actually picked up the ASM 797-799 Dell'Otto's from them at MegaCon but was hoping to get the newer ones this time around since I've heard such horror stories from ordering from their site and knew they were going to be there live. Maybe another time next year or the bay for those black background ones. 

I was pleasantly surprised as they were very nice people manning their booths.

I've also ordered online with them and it took me opening up a dispute with my CC before they shipped out my stuff.  It's a shame cause they have top notch stuff but their online customer service department is a disaster.  I was lucky to get their early enough on Thursday to pull books I wasn't expecting to be there tossed around in various boxes.  Even better, I got some sweet deals $$$ for multiple books. 

I got the owners number just in case I want to deal with him directly in the future....again very nice people and they did recognize their shortcomings with their online system.  Let's hope for better experiences moving forward.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:05 AM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Does anyone know of a dell Otto signing coming up anytime? I really want a signed copy of his Flash variant for my flash collection 

Scott's Collectables does signings with him regularly. They had some this summer, but when I asked when the next one was, they told me probably not until Spring. :( 

So, he might not be doing anymore signings for a bit. If so, they would be one of the first to get a signing with him most likely.

4 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Scott's Collectables does signings with him regularly. They had some this summer, but when I asked when the next one was, they told me probably not until Spring. :( 

So, he might not be doing anymore signings for a bit. If so, they would be one of the first to get a signing with him most likely.

I'm going to have to talk with them. I used to talk with them a lot when I was stationed in England and went to their location to pick up my Flash 105 from them I bought. They seemed to have dropped Dell'Otto as far as promoting him and really jumped on the Mattina push  lately. 

1 minute ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

I'm going to have to talk with them. I used to talk with them a lot when I was stationed in England and went to their location to pick up my Flash 105 from them I bought. They seemed to have dropped Dell'Otto as far as promoting him and really jumped on the Mattina push  lately. 

Maybe so but I havent seen any others promoting signings with him either. So, maybe he is taking a break from signing for the year? Not sure. I got a ton of stuff signed by him, but still had some ASM 800 and ASM 1s that I wanted signed. If you see a signing somewhere, post it. Id love to send in a few more books.

5 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Maybe so but I havent seen any others promoting signings with him either. So, maybe he is taking a break from signing for the year? Not sure. I got a ton of stuff signed by him, but still had some ASM 800 and ASM 1s that I wanted signed. If you see a signing somewhere, post it. Id love to send in a few more books.

Will do! I have a French cover he did years ago of Batman that I want signed to go with the Flash cover. The Flash is what I want more than anything though haha. I'd love to get an original piece done by him of Flash to go with my Batman. 

4 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

There is a reason why Mattina came to NYCC and Gabs who was rumored earlier in the year of making the trip stayed home. 

They freakin HATE each other.......you won't see them anywhere in the same zip code..etc  

I do think Scott's is still repping Gabs but as you stated they are going full Mattina right now and that is probably going to affect business moving forward.

15 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

There is a reason why Mattina came to NYCC and Gabs who was rumored earlier in the year of making the trip stayed home. 

They freakin HATE each other.......you won't see them anywhere in the same zip code..etc  

I do think Scott's is still repping Gabs but as you stated they are going full Mattina right now and that is probably going to affect business moving forward.

That's interesting.

12 hours ago, Killua said:

Should have shared long back. My Dell'Otto collection,

IMG_20181015_001225843_HDR.thumb.jpg.b5fefba9a7c4ca8679cd097276ed268e.jpg

JokerBats.thumb.jpg.9cc009a63529f081c8c96972589dd37d.jpg

Superman & Batman #7 is a Dell'Otto signed 9.8, had to chop off the label as it is not from CGC (shrug)

Awesome heavy hitter Dell'otto stack you have there.  :applause:

May I ask when and from where you snagged that 667?

-J.

2 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

It's always a treat to see another ASM 667 pop up in any grade at this point.  Give me some hope that I will come across this unicorn.

It took me almost a year and a half of searching to get hold of one. You will find one too eventually but it might take some time. Good luck :foryou:

9 hours ago, Killua said:

It took me almost a year and a half of searching to get hold of one. You will find one too eventually but it might take some time. Good luck :foryou:

Was this Scott's Collectibles copy?  I was offered a 9.4 last year at NYCC and I regretted passing at the opportunity. doh!

36 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

Was this Scott's Collectibles copy?  I was offered a 9.4 last year at NYCC and I regretted passing at the opportunity. doh!

Not really sure if it is a Scott's Collectibles copy. Maybe it exchanged hands multiple times and eventually ended up in mine :nyah:

I got it from a fellow boardie Sabershaw if i remember correctly.

Edited by Killua
Collectibles Collectables whatever!